* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• princesskitty29
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi, I know I haven't managed to get on here for ages again. We haven't had the best start to 2019 here, both boys had chicken pox and various other illnesses, we've had an issue with HMRC which means we're pretty much going to lose most of our savings and my MIL was diagnosed with an aggressive bladder cancer. I usually enjoy the new year and looking ahead but it's been a bit tough here. But I am still trying to look ahead, i'm still determined to sort my house out so it is clutter free and much more relaxing. It's been half term here this week and we had a lovely few days at Center Parcs, because our half term is different to most of country it was relatively cheap (if you can ever call Center Parcs cheap!) but next week the it's three times the price so we took advantage. It also helps that this particular Center Parcs is literally two minutes from my house so no long journeys with young children! DH, Squeak and I went in Friday lunchtime then nipped out to pick Wiggle up from school, he had no idea we were going there so his face was a picture when we turned into there. :) Anyway I hope you and your loved ones are all well, sorry if i've missed anything. xx
  • mrsinvisible
    Options
    Oh, Princess, what an awful start, l can only hope that it improves quickly and substantially. Blasted HMRC, they did similar to us some years ago. they were in the wrong but wouldn't admit it, so we paid, then challenged them on it and won, so nil desperandum my love.
    This is traditionally my week for starting seeds off for summer, but my green finger mojo is in hibernation somewhere.
    still no sign of new great nib, niece is fed up waiting, Fave coz (her mam) sent her a carry out curry, didn't work. lol.
  • billyborden423
    Options
    Merry Christmas to everyone. Enjoyed the Christmas day.
    Cosmeagardens
  • mrsinvisible
    Options
    Hi Billyborden. Er glad you enjoyed Christmas day.
    DGS saw physio yesterday, got some exercises and a referral to podiatry, as he is developing flat feet.... size 13 flat feet.
    Friend got a cancellation appointment with the neurosurgeon, but it is tomorrow, so a 180 mile round trip, as she cant drive that far, hope l make it! lf she gets answers and a pathway for treatment it will be like Christmas for her. This crop of back pain/sciatica is daft, l think it must be contagious, or something in the air from the pharmacy companies to sell more meds!
    Better go and get petrol, so, be good, xxx
  • pixielottie
    Options
    I have to say a big thankyou to everyone for the only one not getting a present sympathy :heart2:

It was a weird one, I think what it was is the adults were bought for as they were their friends, and then the under 18's were. I just didn't fit into either category :/

mrsinvisible - I can't blame your green finger mojo for hiding, I've just been out to the chickens it's so cold out there still. Good luck with the journey, I hope you friend gets the answers she needs

Freespirit - I think the other thing making it harder is I think people buy for themselves more now, just if they want it they buy it. It's my biggest problem with my boyfriend, I can't buy in advance because theres the danger he will see something and just "treat himself" I almost have to tell him what I've got so he doesn't :( .
    I do have to hold my hands up to buying things and then offering them to my mum for me, it's half because I like it, I want it, I just can't really afford it though so it's still really appreciated, she does have a habit of losing things though so it can go a few years between purchase and gifting :rotfl: so they do still end up suprises :rotfl:
    anything's possible if you've got enough nerve
    :happyhear
    (Decluttering - 185/2019 //£'s saved - £32.41 /2019 // Lbs lost - 42/102 )
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, I’m on my phone trying to avoid housework today!!

PRINCESSKITTY oh what an awful start to the year for you all. You both must be so worried about you mil, I hope she gets the right treatment straight away. Glad you had a few days at Center Parcs to get away from everything.

MRSINVISIBLE I hope your long hospital trip went well. I’m sure your gardening mojo will come back with a bang.

PIXIELOTTIE yes that is exactly what I meant, my exH used to guess all his presents so the element of surprise was a damp squib grrr
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • freespirit66
    Options
    :bdaycake:HAPPY BIRTHDAY MURIE :bdaycake:
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Happy birthday to you, happy Birthday to you, happy birthday dear MURIE, happy Birthday to you :bdaycake:
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday Murie :bdaycake:

Having a hard time coping just now. Having some bad mental health issues. Can’t seem to see a way out of the dark hole.
    Work is a huge part of it. But I’m kind of stuck where I am.
    The housework is getting on top of me too. Which in turn makes me feel anxious and worse living in a tip.
    Trying to just get through one day at a time. Thought I’d say hi in here so I don’t leave it too long and not come back for months.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    :bdaycake: Happy birthday Murie :bdaycake: Have a lovely day!
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family