Eon

Options

Comments

• Spooky_uk
    Spooky_uk Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 February 2019 at 12:01PM
    Options
    thanks, just curious as was already an eon customer and used to switch tariff via their own website and it always took effect on the date the current tariff finished.

The deals offered from them direct this time however were rubbish compared to the MSE energy club (so much for looking after own loyal customers!) one which is why I opted in to that.

The incorrect account details sent to me in the email address I use for eon is a much greater concern, as undoubtedly our details were sent to someone else in error as well.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spooky_uk wrote: »
    Current eon customer and first time switcher, was going to jump away from eon after year on year rises but decided to stay with the 2 year fix via the rmse collective energy club (with cashback!).

2 quesitons ( as new to switching) I assumed the change would occur on the renewal date of the current tariff which is Feb 28th. However it seems to have already changed.
    Secondly - we received our "welcome" emails today to the registered email address I use for eon and they are a totally different surname and account number on them. So something has gone wrong somewhere!
    Would appreciate if the eon representative could answer those queries, thanks. Tried to call this morning but gave up after 30 mins on hold.
    thanks, just curious as was already an eon customer and used to switch tariff via their own website and it always took effect on the date the current tariff finished.

The deals offered from them direct this time however were rubbish compared to the MSE energy club (so much for looking after own loyal customers!) one which is why I opted in to that.

The incorrect account details sent to me in the email address I use for eon is a much greater concern, as undoubtedly our details were sent to someone else in error as well.

Hello Spooky_uk and thank you for staying with us.

As Carrot007 says, internal tariff switches through a Price Comparison site take place as soon as we're told by the site. There's no facility to delay the switch as with moves through our website.

Your second question is very unusual. Please send your account details (including your date of birth for security) to the address in my Profile. I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks Spooky_uk and look forward to hearing from you.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • davidwatts
    Options
    I'd like to know if switching to this tariff comes with the condition of agreeing to have a smart meter installed. I'm a current Eon customer inclined to move away because it seems impossible to switch to a better tariff without that happening.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    davidwatts wrote: »
    I'd like to know if switching to this tariff comes with the condition of agreeing to have a smart meter installed. I'm a current Eon customer inclined to move away because it seems impossible to switch to a better tariff without that happening.

Hello davidwatts and, no, smart meters aren't a condition of our Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 tariff.

This tariff is only available through the MSE Cheap Energy Club to customers who've pre-registered with MSE. It's not available on our website or phone lines.

Hope this explains. Please let me know if you've any more questions as happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • davidwatts
    Options
    Thanks for such a prompt reply. I am pre-registered with MSE, so just want to confirm that, as an existing EON customer, I can switch to this deal through the Cheap Energy Club and it won't change the current position re having a smart meter.

Whenever I sign in to my account and try to use the "check your tariff" option I get the message "We're sorry but we can't get a quote for this property. This could be because you've got a meter that we're not able to quote for through our website."

Is that likely to present any problem if I try and switch to this tariff?
    Options
    Thanks for such a prompt reply. I am pre-registered with MSE, so just want to confirm that, as an existing EON customer, I can switch to this deal through the Cheap Energy Club and it won't change the current position re having a smart meter.

Whenever I sign in to my account and try to use the "check your tariff" option I get the message "We're sorry but we can't get a quote for this property. This could be because you've got a meter that we're not able to quote for through our website."

Is that likely to present any problem if I try and switch to this tariff?

No worries davidwatts. Happy to help.

The Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 tariff is only available if the electricity meter is a conventional single rate or Economy 7 credit meter.

The message you're seeing usually means there's a meter other than this at the property. This could be a prepayment or complex meter like Economy 10, Economy 18, Heatwise, RHT etc. Similarly, business rate meters aren't eligible. The exception is where complex meters are quoted on single rate prices.

If you've a meter other than a single rate or Economy 7, I'm afraid, you won't be able to go on to this tariff.

What type of meter do you have?

Malc
  • binao
    binao Posts: 666 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 13 February 2019 at 4:37PM
    Options

The Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 tariff is only available through the Cheap Energy Club to those who've pre-registered with the site. MSE are offering £25 cashback when switching to this tariff.

Thanks for your interest sazzer1.

Malc

Hi Malc and all,

Re the E.ON fix MSE Collective tariff.

I'm with E.ON at present, on Energy Plan.

As I'm not a CEC pre-registered member, I can not switch to the MSE tariff with the low SC.

What's my best E.ON switch option, for a low SC, if I start DD and SMERT2?

TIA :beer:
  • davidwatts
    Options
    No worries davidwatts. Happy to help.

The Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 tariff is only available if the electricity meter is a conventional single rate or Economy 7 credit meter.

The message you're seeing usually means there's a meter other than this at the property. This could be a prepayment or complex meter like Economy 10, Economy 18, Heatwise, RHT etc. Similarly, business rate meters aren't eligible. The exception is where complex meters are quoted on single rate prices.

If you've a meter other than a single rate or Economy 7, I'm afraid, you won't be able to go on to this tariff.

What type of meter do you have?

Malc

Didn't think I had anything other than "bog standard" meters! My electricity meter was installed about 4 years ago and is a digital one with a single 5 digit reading. It says "single rate watt hour meter". The gas meter is older but just has a counter giving a 4 digit reading. It's a "Schlumberger R5" if that's any help.

If I try to switch to this tariff will I know right away whether I can do it or not? I can't afford to try and only find out otherwise when all the competing deals have expired. It's starting to feel like I'm better going straight to another provider, e.g. Bulb, much as I'd like to stay with you on this tariff.
    Options
    binao wrote: »
    Hi Malc and all,

Re the E.ON fix MSE Collective tariff.

I'm with E.ON at present, on Energy Plan.

As I'm not a CEC pre-registered member, I can not switch to the MSE tariff with the low SC.

What's my best E.ON switch option, for a low SC, if I start DD and SMERT2?

TIA :beer:

Morning binao and welcome to the Forums.

Best option with us is to check out our website. If you've registered with the website, you can use the quote tool to see the tariffs we've available. Pop in your annual usage in kWh and we'll give you a quote based on this. You can switch tariff through the website too.

For a fuller picture, pop the same usage on the Price Comparison sites. This will show what's available with both us and the other suppliers.

With us, there are lower Daily Standing Charges for paying with a Direct Debit.

We're rolling out SMETS2 smart meters now. They're not available everywhere yet as it depends on things like the actual area, type of property, strength of the mobile phone signal and the current metering set up. We'll be in touch to see if you're eligible but don't worry if you're not. You can stay on the tariff even if it's a smart meter based product.

Hope this answers your questions binao. let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    Options
    Didn't think I had anything other than "bog standard" meters! My electricity meter was installed about 4 years ago and is a digital one with a single 5 digit reading. It says "single rate watt hour meter". The gas meter is older but just has a counter giving a 4 digit reading. It's a "Schlumberger R5" if that's any help.

If I try to switch to this tariff will I know right away whether I can do it or not? I can't afford to try and only find out otherwise when all the competing deals have expired. It's starting to feel like I'm better going straight to another provider, e.g. Bulb, much as I'd like to stay with you on this tariff.

Morning davidwatts and these meters are fine for the Fix 2 Year MSE Collective tariff. Not sure why you're seeing the message you mention when using the quote tool on our website.

MSE send us notifications within a couple of days and email you too to confirm the switch is going ahead. They'll also pop a note on your CEC account confirming this.

Switches through Price Comparison sites are received in batches and handled manually by a ring-fenced team. We'll email to let you know the tariff details 2-3 days after we've received the MSE notification. Maybe a bit longer if it's a weekend. Don't worry, the switch will be backdated to when you apply for the tariff.

Hope this explains davidwatts. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback