Eon

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    Ok thanks. I've just done it, so fingers crossed all goes to plan!

You're welcome CompletelyLost. Happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    binao wrote: »
    Thank you Malc.:beer:
    Will be going ahead.

You're welcome binao. Happy to help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • StarTrekkie007
    Options
    Hello,

I am going to switch supplier for duel fuel and looking at
    E.On
    Fix Online Exclusive v14

however it states: Only available by agreeing to be contacted by E.ON for Smart Meter installation

does this mean that a smart meter is MANDATORY
    or
    does it mean I will be contacted and I can say "no" to a smart meter
    (and no smart meter will be installed)

which statement is correct ?
  • Greenenergy
    Options
    Not mandatory . Eon will confirm this formally on here I’m sure but their reply to me was “ Principally, as part of the contract, customers agree to be contacted about having smart meters fitted. These meters are optional and can be turned down.”

I would suggest formally raising this to them though as I believe this continued use of language is designed to mislead .
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,

I am going to switch supplier for duel fuel and looking at
    E.On
    Fix Online Exclusive v14

however it states: Only available by agreeing to be contacted by E.ON for Smart Meter installation

does this mean that a smart meter is MANDATORY
    or
    does it mean I will be contacted and I can say "no" to a smart meter
    (and no smart meter will be installed)

which statement is correct ?

Hello StarTrekkie007 and sorry for the late reply - I missed your post.

Smart meters aren't mandatory and you can turn down our offers to have them. With our Fix Online Exclusive tariffs, customers only agree to be contacted about smart meters. This is in section 11.1 of the T&Cs which says as follows.

With this tariff you agree to be contacted during the tariff term for the installation of a smart meter.

As I say, these offers can be rejected and customers will stay on their chosen tariff.

Sorry again for the late reply StarTrekkie007.

Malc
  • st999
    st999 Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm in the process of switching to E.On Fix Online Exclusive v14, does that mean Eon will swap my SG smart meter for a Eon smart meter?

I like smart meters because it saves me going outside in the cold and rain to read my meter.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    st999 wrote: »
    I'm in the process of switching to E.On Fix Online Exclusive v14, does that mean Eon will swap my SG smart meter for a Eon smart meter?

I like smart meters because it saves me going outside in the cold and rain to read my meter.

Hello st999 and thanks for joining us.

I've just replied to a similar question from you about smart meters on the following thread.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76473795#post76473795

Sorry I was late replying originally. Please let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Thanks st999.

Malc
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I like smart meters because it saves me going outside in the cold and rain to read my meter. Me too :beer: all in favour of keeping dry and warm st999.
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • StarTrekkie007
    Options
    Hello StarTrekkie007 and sorry for the late reply - I missed your post.

Smart meters aren't mandatory and you can turn down our offers to have them. With our Fix Online Exclusive tariffs, customers only agree to be contacted about smart meters. This is in section 11.1 of the T&Cs which says as follows.

With this tariff you agree to be contacted during the tariff term for the installation of a smart meter.

As I say, these offers can be rejected and customers will stay on their chosen tariff.

Sorry again for the late reply StarTrekkie007.

Malc

Hello Malc,

Thanks for replying to my post. I did get to do an online chat with a E.On representative
    but he said something different (see below)

2019-10-30T18:44:39 E.ON : Hello, what can we help you with today? It'll just take a moment while we send your message to the next available advisor, then we'll be ready to chat.
    2019-10-30T18:45:00 Sai Wong : Hello, I am interested in duel fuel tariff : Fix Online Exclusive v14
    2019-10-30T18:45:37 Sai Wong : However, it states : Only available by agreeing to be contacted by E.ON for Smart Meter installation

2019-10-30T18:45:51 Sai Wong : Does this mean smart meter is MANDATORY
    2019-10-30T18:46:25 Sai Wong : or is it optional, I get contacted and I can say "no" to smart meter installation
    2019-10-30T18:52:46 Akshay : Hello Sai.
    2019-10-30T18:53:56 Sai Wong : Hello
    2019-10-30T18:54:26 Akshay : Sai, as its a Smart conditional tariff, you need to install a Smart meter.

Based on this information, I went with another supplier. However, in the future, if I need to switch again I will contact you.
    Options
    Hello Malc,

Thanks for replying to my post. I did get to do an online chat with a E.On representative
    but he said something different (see below)

2019-10-30T18:44:39 E.ON : Hello, what can we help you with today? It'll just take a moment while we send your message to the next available advisor, then we'll be ready to chat.
    2019-10-30T18:45:00 Sai Wong : Hello, I am interested in duel fuel tariff : Fix Online Exclusive v14
    2019-10-30T18:45:37 Sai Wong : However, it states : Only available by agreeing to be contacted by E.ON for Smart Meter installation

2019-10-30T18:45:51 Sai Wong : Does this mean smart meter is MANDATORY
    2019-10-30T18:46:25 Sai Wong : or is it optional, I get contacted and I can say "no" to smart meter installation
    2019-10-30T18:52:46 Akshay : Hello Sai.
    2019-10-30T18:53:56 Sai Wong : Hello
    2019-10-30T18:54:26 Akshay : Sai, as its a Smart conditional tariff, you need to install a Smart meter.

Based on this information, I went with another supplier. However, in the future, if I need to switch again I will contact you.

Hello StarTrekkie007 and I'm sorry you were given the wrong information by one of our Live Chatters. The actual situation is as I posted above (#36 on 8 November).

Thank you for posting a transcript of your conversation. I've sent this to the managers of the area who gave out this advice so the advisor can be re-briefed.

Sorry again a colleague gave you duff information StarTrekkie007 and many thanks for the feedback.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback