Eon

sazzer1
sazzer1 Posts: 31 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
I am currently with EON on their Fix 2 Year Exclusive December 2018 tariff. If I switch to EON'S Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 tariff would I have to pay exit fees? Also would I get the £25 cashback

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    sazzer1 wrote: »
    I am currently with EON on their Fix 2 Year Exclusive December 2018 tariff. If I switch to EON'S Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 tariff would I have to pay exit fees? Also would I get the £25 cashback

Eon do not apply exit fees if you transfer to another one of their tariffs.

Any sucessful switch made via the MSE CEC is eligible for cashback (but you might miss out if you switch again before the cashback is paid)

Remember, cashback is not guaranteed until it hits your bank account ... so don't include it in your decision making process.
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 8 February 2019 at 1:16AM

We are with Eon too and although the MSE newsletter states No Exit Penalties I thought I would check with Eon anyway via their online *live chat* this morning and was told NO you are not charged the exit fee.

HTH

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • sazzer1
    Thank You for your replies.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

Hello sazzer1 and to confirm what others have said. We don't apply exit fees when going from one of our tariffs to another.

The Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 tariff is only available through the Cheap Energy Club to those who've pre-registered with the site. MSE are offering £25 cashback when switching to this tariff.

Thanks for your interest sazzer1.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    wavelets wrote: »
    Eon do not apply exit fees if you transfer to another one of their tariffs.

Any sucessful switch made via the MSE CEC is eligible for cashback (but you might miss out if you switch again before the cashback is paid)

Remember, cashback is not guaranteed until it hits your bank account ... so don't include it in your decision making process.
    edwink wrote: »
    We are with Eon too and although the MSE newsletter states No Exit Penalties I thought I would check with Eon anyway via their online *live chat* this morning and was told NO you are not charged the exit fee.

HTH

Edwink

Spot on both. We only apply exit fees when changing supplier outside of the renewal period. We don't charge these fees when going from one of our tariffs to another. This includes collectives like the current Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • sazzer1
    Thanks again, all done
    edited 8 February 2019 at 6:01PM
    Thanks again, all done

Nice one sazzer1. Glad you've been able to sort this.

Have a good weekend.

Malc
  • Spooky_uk
    Spooky_uk Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Current eon customer and first time switcher, was going to jump away from eon after year on year rises but decided to stay with the 2 year fix via the rmse collective energy club (with cashback!).

2 quesitons ( as new to switching) I assumed the change would occur on the renewal date of the current tariff which is Feb 28th. However it seems to have already changed.
    Secondly - we received our "welcome" emails today to the registered email address I use for eon and they are a totally different surname and account number on them. So something has gone wrong somewhere!
  • Would appreciate if the eon representative could answer those queries, thanks. Tried to call this morning but gave up after 30 mins on hold.
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The change date is effectivly random, it cannot be chosen. This is why you wait till you can switch to do it (39 days before end of old?). Gas and electric switch dates are often different too.

Can't help with the email thouugh, you need eon for that. Sounds like a mix up that needs investigating though.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback