Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    City_girl wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the Butterfly Walk, Camberwell, London branch has the fruit and nut Twin Peaks but I know they have the original one, will have a look when I go in later.
    I think it's now available more widely than when it was launched a month ago. It's just ok, better than the original but again it won't be a repeated purchase by me.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    I went in today for a mascara and some hair clips but thought I should report back on my other findings ;).

Much of the Christmas stuff was 1/2 price to 50p, and the more expensive items also reduced. I bought some spiced biscuits (400g packs, delicious any time of the year, exp 11/2019), tubes of orange Smarties (130g, making it relatively inexpensive for chocolate) and a Santa hat for next year. There was also a load of elf stuff, "decorative" signs etc also for 50p.

What is also worth looking for is The Original Candle Co. merchandise (example pasted below) reduced to 50p, albeit with a limited range of scents. I was very happy with the tins (second from right) from earlier this year, so bought some more:

DAHHDRoVYAE7yeG.jpg

The Jo Malone / Aldi imitation candles were nowhere to be seen!

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 January 2019 at 3:28AM
    Options
    Happy New Year! I'll celebrate with a photo-spam! :j

Argyle Street, Glasgow:
    W7 Touch & Go Blemish Concealer Pencil (various shades) & W7 Silicone Pebble Make Up Face Blender, £1. Underneath is a Bourjois Aqua Blush 10ml £1.

Touch & Go! is £4.95 on the W7 website
    Silicone Pebble £5.95 on their website
    BUTSx6J.jpg?1
    Not sure what this is (maybe a Primer?) W7 Angel Balm Line Eraser £1 (official page here at £5.95)
    pNuFtDP.jpg?1
    Catwalk TIGI Curls Rock Amplifier for definition and separation, 42.8ml, £1.
    ZXuJpiR.jpg?1
    Hot Wheels Wooden Car (from 12m+), £1. "Fits any track".
    wIn7rgO.jpg?1
    Lots of Harry Potter goodies at various prices. Direct page here (to allow you to view it all properly).

Union Street: Rock My Style Slanted Tweezer in Zebra or Pink Leopard (the trick with good tweezers is sharpness, not sure what these will be like, but picked up a set), £1.
    C73ze0Q.jpg?1
    Apparently these are another Jo Malone-alike, "I Love" Twin Perfume Set 2 x 14ml in Basil & Pear or Oud & Fresh, £1.
    T3Pbzpo.jpg?1
    W7 Pro-Effect Eyebrow Brush, £1. £6.95 on the W7 website here
    p0g4VeJ.jpg?1
    Patisserie De Bain Sugared Violet Hand & Body Lotion 200ml - also in Orange Crush on the left, not that visible, £1. Superdrug Patisserie De Bain page here
    (Edit: Knew I'd seen Patisserie De Bain mentioned somewhere, Middy_Oil mentioned this brand previously)

and eos Hand Lotion in Cucumber or Fresh Flowers 44ml, £1 (saw this mentioned on HUKD a few weeks ago).
    hA0YxCb.jpg?1
  • LouLou
    edited 5 January 2019 at 10:12PM
    Options
    Woops, also these from Union Street, Glasgow - fat-bottomed mugs that look rather cute (in coloured spots and strawberry design) £1 - dishwasher safe - though I have loads of mugs now :)

Not so keen on the blue pattern or pink flowers design.

Edit: Just realised they bear similarities to Emma Bridgewater mugs.
    xYhaXsI.jpg?1
  • VfM4meplse
    edited 4 January 2019 at 6:53PM
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    Catwalk TIGI Curls Rock Amplifier for definition and separation, 42.8ml, £1.
    ZXuJpiR.jpg?1
    I popped in earlier - not exactly sure why, as I don't actually need anything! - and saw this. I didn't buy it because having been sucked in by similar claims before, I have always been disappointed (if it's worked, my hair has been an oil slick by day 2 - and I am now trying to wash less rather than more in a vain attempt to retain the colour).

• LouLou
    edited 4 January 2019 at 9:36PM
    Options
    Quick dash into Argyle Street, Glasgow. There's usually spray paints in Poundland but not seen Spray Varnish before - Clear/Matt Finish (didn't buy any).
    Also Paint Factory Interior & Exterior Metallic - Champagne Gold on the left and 151 Spray Radiator Paint, White Gloss Finish on the right. £1.fCcAAd8.jpg?1Edit: Forgot to add this: Bourjois Rouge Laque, shade 04 Selfpeach! 6ml, "Lightweight & non-sticky. Up to 16h hold", £1
    (glossy long-lasting liquid lip lacquer)
    LkBB8pI.jpg?1
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I went in today for a mascara and some hair clips but thought I should report back on my other findings ;).

Much of the Christmas stuff was 1/2 price to 50p, and the more expensive items also reduced. I bought some spiced biscuits (400g packs, delicious any time of the year, exp 11/2019), tubes of orange Smarties (130g, making it relatively inexpensive for chocolate) and a Santa hat for next year. There was also a load of elf stuff, "decorative" signs etc also for 50p.

What is also worth looking for is The Original Candle Co. merchandise (example pasted below) reduced to 50p, albeit with a limited range of scents. I was very happy with the tins (second from right) from earlier this year, so bought some more:

DAHHDRoVYAE7yeG.jpg

The Jo Malone / Aldi imitation candles were nowhere to be seen!

Did the candles in tins give off much scent when you were burning them? They were being marked down to 25p in my local store today.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Did the candles in tins give off much scent when you were burning them? They were being marked down to 25p in my local store today.
    Yes they really are worth it as they smell great, give a long burn time and burn to the bottom of the tin. 25p is an excellent price so go grabbit!

• catswiththumbs
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Yes they really are worth it as they smell great, give a long burn time and burn to the bottom of the tin. 25p is an excellent price so go grabbit!

Oooh I think I might just do that. Thanks :)
  • LouLou
    edited 6 January 2019 at 10:58AM
    Options
    All from Argyle Street, Glasgow this morning (can't sleep!!) :(

Patisserie De Bain Bath Bombs 2 x 45g (also Cherry Pie Body Mists 150ml), £1
    32vdFJk.jpg?1
    Dove Purely Pampering Indulgent Body Lotion 400ml, £1
    PXgEjsl.jpg?1
    Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Smoothing Nourishing Lotion (Dry, Rough Skin or Normal Skin) 250ml, £1

On the right, there's Patisserie De Bain Mango Sorbet Hand Cream and Lemon Bon-Bon Hand Cream 50ml, £1
    EKfwKAq.jpg?1
    Kellogg's Strawberry Sensation or Chocotastic Pop-Tarts, 400g, £1.
    Best Before Date on my Strawberry Sensation packs is 27/10/19.
    LhpuhMV.jpg?1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure