PIP review form and delaying it

Options

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Personally, i think they're much better than the previous review forms because it asks you the additional questions, even though the space is limited. I don't think it's a trap or misleading when the questions are there. To be honest, there's not much space on the PIP2 forms either.

If you state "no change" and write nothing else for the other questions then you'll be guaranteed another face to face assessment. Most people have them i know but the more information you write the better.
  • ev8
    ev8 Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just felt there was a lot less space compared to on the PIP form, the questions are also very close together, there's just not a lot of space to write.

Maybe not a trick, but it doesn't lend itself to elaborating and it would be easy to think you don't have to write anything and just say it's about the same instead of explaining how you did in your initial forms and in as much detail.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    However you look at it, the forms have to be returned by the date stated, unless you ask for a 14 day extension. Which ever way you choose to fill it out is your choice and no one can force you to write all the information down. If you write all the information down and there's not enough space then you'll need to use extra paper and there's no other way of doing it.
  • ev8
    Options
    I will use extra sheets of paper, as I have done on other forms, I don't feel as if anyone should need to force me, I was just after some advice.

The way it's spaced out and they ask if anything has changed, I just wasn't sure if I actually had to write it as I did my initial claim and in as much detail or write them presuming they have the previous forms and if you say no change they will look at them.

I was just wondering what's the best way to fill them out, there is very little information about them online.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    ev8 wrote: »
    Maybe not a trick, but it doesn't lend itself to elaborating and it would be easy to think you don't have to write anything and just say it's about the same instead of explaining how you did in your initial forms and in as much detail.
    If that's how you choose to fill the form in instead of answering the questions then i'll wish you good luck.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    I will use extra sheets of paper, as I have done on other forms, I don't feel as if anyone should need to force me, I was just after some advice.
    Who's forced you? I don't see any advice from anyone telling you this!

You came here asking if you can delay your review, you can't as advised. How you fill the form in is completely your choice.
  • ev8
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Who's forced you? I don't see any advice from anyone telling you this!

You came here asking if you can delay your review, you can't as advised. How you fill the form in is completely your choice.

You said nobody can force me into filling in the form and writing the information down.

I was stating I don't need to be forced, I was just asking about it, I wasn't being difficult, but your reply was 'nobody can force you' I wasn't saying I wasn't going to provide information.
  • ev8
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    If that's how you choose to fill the form in instead of answering the questions then i'll wish you good luck.

This is why I am asking, isn't it?

The form does ask if it's the same, I would assume there will be many people who do fill it out as simply saying there's no difference and leave it at that.

I didn't feel this was right, and that's why I've asked for advice.

As I said, there is very limited advice online about these forms, and very limited space on the forms, I will provide a lot of detail, however I was only asking how best to fill them in.

My opening post said how my mental health suffers so much more at this time of year and I am second guessing myself and very anxious about it all. I'm only asking for advice.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    Options
    This is why I am asking, isn't it?

The form does ask if it's the same, I would assume there will be many people who do fill it out as simply saying there's no difference and leave it at that.

I didn't feel this was right, and that's why I've asked for advice.

As I said, there is very limited advice online about these forms, and very limited space on the forms, I will provide a lot of detail, however I was only asking how best to fill them in.

My opening post said how my mental health suffers so much more at this time of year and I am second guessing myself and very anxious about it all. I'm only asking for advice.

You are right to seek advice. I agree that the forms do imply that if you simply write "There has been no change" that would be enough. However i have seen PIP renewals refused on this basis and the grounds that all the medical evidence was a couple of years old.

If you have a copy of the last PIP2 you submitted use this as a reference. You can then write something like "There has been no change. I still have difficulty ..... and I need help with ......"
    You should send any new medical evidence even if it is only confirmation of what was previously known but on a more recent letter.

There is no right or wrong way of doing this but I think the general view is that you can't rely on the DWP to join the dots so it's better to tell them everything again.

If you use additional paper remember to put your name and NI number on them.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going through a review. I typed full and detailed answers to every question, printed them off and then on the form said 'see extra sheet page x'.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure