We are about to pull the purse strings soooo tight!

Options

Comments

• Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Thanks Spendless, some of our nieces and nephews have joined our family through relationships, and I don't like to leave anybody out. Think I'm going to stick to just money...going to put the first of the money gifts in the envelopes this weekend...and get practical gifts for the younger ones.

Upto 10NSDs for the month now. But another busy weekend coming up, haircuts and meal out for friends birthday.

Xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hi Alice,I've just caught up with your diary again as I haven't been here for a bit, well done on getting organised for Xmas,did you watch the programme that Martin Lewis did on the tv the other night abiut how to have a budget friendly Xmas,I haven't seen it yet but might watch it later
    I have to say that thanks to you I have made excellent use of my washing line lately,I've been very proactive about pegging out and even started to wonder about getting rid of my tumble drier the other day,I chickend out though in the end:rotfl:I'm thinking when my DD moves out I will get rid of it then as I won't have much washing and can hang it up indoors if the weather is bad
    I have however had my heating on,I'm a soft southerner now and can't handle the cold,I can't believe that I grew up with no central heating and lived in the Midlands then,I am too spoilt now :rotfl:
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Hi Alice,I've just caught up with your diary again as I haven't been here for a bit, well done on getting organised for Xmas,did you watch the programme that Martin Lewis did on the tv the other night abiut how to have a budget friendly Xmas,I haven't seen it yet but might watch it later
    I have to say that thanks to you I have made excellent use of my washing line lately,I've been very proactive about pegging out and even started to wonder about getting rid of my tumble drier the other day,I chickend out though in the end:rotfl:I'm thinking when my DD moves out I will get rid of it then as I won't have much washing and can hang it up indoors if the weather is bad
    I have however had my heating on,I'm a soft southerner now and can't handle the cold,I can't believe that I grew up with no central heating and lived in the Midlands then,I am too spoilt now :rotfl:

Hi, yes I did watch that programme, and could relate to it in so many way. I know once I mentioned about knocking friends kids presents on the head, they were like yes yes yes. That has saved some money the last few years. Also I'm going off on a bit of a tangent here but birthday party party bags. I knocked them on the head years ago, and then I noticed quite a few of our friends started to do the same.......apart from one or two but heyho, and my other birthday party tip is instead of presents asking parent that if they did want to give a gift then put a £2 coin on the card instead of a present. That way say you have 10 kids to the party the birthday child gets £20 to spend on a present of his/hers choice. I think this is great because it stops all the tat and takes the pressure off buying presents.

Anyway I digress sorry :). Love the pegging out, that's great. Even on a day like today I peg out. It's very dull and overcast but ive pegged out. :T

Heating is still off here. I don't know about being made of tough stuff here think I just get used to sitting in jumpers and a padded gillet with the throw over me.:rotfl:

Good luck with your debt free journey.

Xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Will finish September on 10NSDs. Not very good and have certainly done better. Oh well we go again next month.

Heating still off.

Yesterday had my hair cut and blow dried, went for a meal last night £40 spent.

I have pegged out but struggling to get motivated to do anything else. Need to update spending diary/budget and make debt payments. Also haven't been food shopping and as you know I struggle if the fridge and cupboards aren't full of food. But the challenge I've been trying to do where we eat what's in the house hasn't been too bad. We've certainly used up a lot of bits and pieces.

Right I need to go and do something productive so I'm off to sort out the kitchen. It's a fresh month tomorrow so going to work on the NSDs and building up the savings/emergency fund pot........and one other thing the 20p pot is over flowing.:T

Hope everyone has a good day.

Xx
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    First 3 days of this month have been NSDs. Today I've paid works lottery and need to get petrol.

Kids have been poorly over the last few days creating extra washing and cleaning. Have pegged out again today. Heating is still off. DS is meant to be having a sleepover on Saturday night, will see how he goes. He's OK now so fingers crossed.

Trying to keep my positive pants on and keep on plodding.

xx
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Well the last few days have all been a bit of a blur. :rotfl: DS had a sleepover, fun but a bit chaotic. We've done a few jobs in the garden, and general housework.

Spends have been a bit high. We bought pizza and chicken for us, DS and his friends on Saturday night. Also got some treats. Sunday I finally did what I call a proper shop. The list was quite long as we have been trying to eat out of the freezer and cupboard. Spent £37 for Saturday nights food and treats, and £95 on Sunday's shopping. :eek: spent £50 on petrol as well.

Managed to get some new shoes off fleabay. They are brand new still in the box, cost £7 instead of £45 if I bought from the shop. They are the ones I wear to work so very happy that. :D

Nothing else exciting happening, just plodding.

Xx
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Well what does a person do when they have 4 loads of washing to dry, and it is absolutely pouring with rain....with no end in sight.:(. Airers and heated airer here we come. Won't put the heated airer on until tonight though.

Heating still off.

Even rugby training has been cancelled this morning, so we're having a chill then I'm going to clean bathrooms and sort some drawers out. I keep finding stuff we can sell but I just don't seem to be able to get my selling mojo going.

We did a big shop this week and apart from milk and fresh fruit we're doing ok. Normally at this stage I get a bit twitchy about wanting to go to the supermarket and get a trolley full, just so the fridge and cupboards are buldging with food. But I'm not going to go shopping today. I feel like I've turned a corner with the 'eat out of the cupboards/fridge challenge' that I've sort of been doing. Anyway it saves money and we are hardly starving so all good. Just hope I can keep it up.

On the money front we are upto 6 NSDs. Yesterday we didn't buy any hot food from the sports club. That again is a result.

Also savings are looking good so I'm hoping to offer the smallest debt a F&F. They have sent OH another letter with a lower amount so I, thinking I'll try an even lower one. I'm thinking we should to get a credit check done on both of us so we can see what debts are showing and the dates/amounts etc.

I'm off to be productive and get some jobs done, now that I've eaten half a packet of chocolate covered malted milk biscuits with my cup of tea whilst typing this post....naughty naught. :o:rotfl:

Hope everyone has a great Sunday, despite the weather,
    Xx
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    I'm thinking we should to get a credit check done on both of us so we can see what debts are showing and the dates/amounts etc.

I'm off to be productive and get some jobs done, now that I've eaten half a packet of chocolate covered malted milk biscuits with my cup of tea whilst typing this post....naughty naught. :o:rotfl:

Hope everyone has a great Sunday, despite the weather,
    Xx

I am signed up to Noddle, its free but you do have to enter debit card details so they can verify your address with your bank. They are linked to one of the big three credit agencies and completely legit.

They update monthly but I have seen updates happen mid month.

For some reason the weather always makes me less productive, I'm just off to eat a chocolate orange - well at 75p from Tesco you cant not buy them!!!!
  • Workie_Ticket
    Options
    Try the Moneysaving expert credit club. It's on this website, it's free and it is powered by Experian which is probably the biggest of the 3 big credit reference agencies.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    I am signed up to Noddle, its free but you do have to enter debit card details so they can verify your address with your bank. They are linked to one of the big three credit agencies and completely legit.

They update monthly but I have seen updates happen mid month.

For some reason the weather always makes me less productive, I'm just off to eat a chocolate orange - well at 75p from Tesco you cant not buy them!!!!
    Try the Moneysaving expert credit club. It's on this website, it's free and it is powered by Experian which is probably the biggest of the 3 big credit reference agencies.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub

Thanks Both. I shall look into these. xx

75p EE :eek: an absolute bargain:)

I haven't done any washing since the weekend, but with the weather looking good tomorrow I'll have done three loads to peg out tomorrow. :T

We have a plumbing/central heating issue which we can't fix so we're going to have to get someone in. :(. Fingers crossed its repairable.

Hearing is still off. NSDs are upto 8. I had to pay sponsorship money at work, so all for a good cause. Will have to go shopping tomorrow as we are out of a few items. Plus I need petrol. :eek:
    Will only get what food stuffs we need.

We have a bit of a spendy weekend coming up. OH and kids are off to a big football match, and I'm going dress shopping with my friend who's celebrating a big birthday......for her not me. :D I'm hoping I can recycle an item out of the wardrobe. So having a bit of a day out with friends.

Kids and OH need haircuts too.

Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback