IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PE 10mins overstay on 30mins max stay!!!

Jake_Jake
Jake_Jake Posts: 43 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 2 November 2018 at 3:44PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi Guys,

I am newbie here and i need some advice and help with my Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye. Keeper received letter last week for an alleged contravention of ‘BREACH OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE’’ at the car park. Allegedly car overstayed 30 minutes max stay time for 10 mins. On the way out exit was blocked by a van and a big lorry (delivery for xxxxx) How to appeal to PE??? There's a time to xx/xx to paid discounted rate, however surely they didn't take in consideration Grace Period or the fact that driver was blocked by delivery on the exit.

What schould i do next? Please advice?

Any help will be much appreciated;)

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,727 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Have you read the information for newbies? That should answer your question.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Jake_Jake wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am newbie here and i need some advice and help with my Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye. I have received letter last week for an alleged contravention of ‘BREACH OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE’’ at the Harlow Exchange car park. I have overstayed 30 minutes max stay time for 10 mins. On the way out exit was blocked by a van and a big lorry ( i guess delivery for Toby Carvery) How do i appeal to PE???
    I got time till 17/10 to paid discounted rate, however surely they didn't take in consideration Grace Period or the fact that i was blocked by delivery on the exit.

What schould i do next? Please advice?

Any help will be much appreciated;)

Parking Eye of late has been ignoring grace periods and
    it's their "not accurate" ANPR every time

YES, you do have a grace period and that must include
    being unable to exit the car park

Have a word with Toby and find out their delivery times
    then appeal to PE and highlight the grace period and
    the obstruction.

If PE fail to observe the grace period then you must
    complain to the BPA for investigation

Steve Clark aos@britishparking.co.uk
    OR .. steve.c@britishparking.co.uk
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The Ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
  • I have spoken to Toby's Duty Manager and unfortunately there were unable to provide me with delivery times due to security reasons. I'ill definitley mention grace period and obstruction anyway...
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    tell the said 'Toby' manager that if this goes to court then he/she will asked for a 'witness statement of truth' ... might just concentrate the mind .....

keep reading up and follow the good advice above

Ralph:cool:
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    It is not security if you ask for time of delivery for the date in question as it was in the past. Assure him you are not Marty McFly.
  • It turns out it wasn't Toby delivery.... It could be some lost sheep ;-))
  • Two weeks after first PCN i have received a second one, exactly the same one. Is that what Parking Eye do?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Jake_Jake wrote: »
    Two weeks after first PCN i have received a second one, exactly the same one. Is that what Parking Eye do?

When you say its exactly the same, does it give the same date, same times etc ..... or is this a new ticket
  • You still say who was driving at the end of the first post.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure