Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 10th Oct 18, 7:42 AM
    • 566Posts
    • 191Thanks
    MSE Callum
    Vodafone ad banned after suggesting customers could leave contracts at any time - MSE News
    • 10th Oct 18, 7:42 AM
    Vodafone ad banned after suggesting customers could leave contracts at any time - MSE News 10th Oct 18 at 7:42 AM
    A Vodafone advert has been banned after the advertising watchdog said it misleadingly implied that customers could leave a phone contract after the first 30 days...
    Read the full story:
    'Vodafone ad banned after suggesting customers could leave contracts at any time'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Page 1
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 10th Oct 18, 8:24 AM
    • 4,269 Posts
    • 2,447 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 10th Oct 18, 8:24 AM
    • 10th Oct 18, 8:24 AM
    Only surprised it took so long.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 10th Oct 18, 9:55 AM
    • 10,133 Posts
    • 7,755 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 10th Oct 18, 9:55 AM
    • 10th Oct 18, 9:55 AM
    Another sop to the nannying brigade, I understood the ad to mean you could leave within the first 30 days, I'm sure I'm not the only one to pay attention to things these days
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 10th Oct 18, 10:28 AM
    • 4,298 Posts
    • 1,201 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 10th Oct 18, 10:28 AM
    • 10th Oct 18, 10:28 AM
    Silliness.

By the same token my 3 year service guarantee on my cooker is misleading because it implies that I can still get service after it has expired: It doesn't actually say that I will not get service after the service guarantee has expired and I will have to pay for it.

Maybe the "advertising watchdog" (Advertising Standards Authority) didn't have anything else to do!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,632Posts Today

8,245Users online

Martin's Twitter