Getting it together...one £ at a time!

Comments

• How come you guys are getting PA surveys gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am getting nothing lol

I have no clue! Must be the right profile or something. I had two over £1 today and the same yesterday. They're taking an age to approve these days though.

Hope it's on the up for you soon!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • Monday morning again - how did that happen?

The weekend was nice. Saturday was mostly running about doing errands and taking the kids to their clubs, and Sunday we took the kids to a toy shop to spend some of the money out of their banks that they've been saving. We then treated them to a cheap treat dinner. It was a nice way to end the weekend!

I'm away from tomorrow for three days of work travel which will save a bit of money on my usual costs and on food costs too. I'm going after work to do a small food shop to keep my husband and the kids going while I'm away since I didn't get round to doing it yesterday.

I'm annoyed though because I spent £7 on train fare to come into the office and all of my colleagues are working from home so it's a waste of time and money for me. Never mind.

I used a toy shop voucher to order a toy each for the kids which I will put by for Christmas. They should be delivered by the end of the week. I have also made an order on an ebay type site for a few small stocking fillers for my eldest. Making a start.

This week (should be tomorrow), our loan payment for the month comes out and that'll take us down below 8.5k left to pay...getting there!

Days until pay day: 10
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just got another £1 survey from PA so once they all clear (have 5 pending!) then i'll have £19.06. Close to my cashing out barrier :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0 wrote: »

This week (should be tomorrow), our loan payment for the month comes out and that'll take us down below 8.5k left to pay...getting there!
    Yes you are :j
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • I've been a bit absent over the last week or so - had a busy time of it, been under the weather and been away with work so i'm only just getting back to reality! Just in time for the end of the month round-up.

Here goes...

Balances and paid amounts
    Loan: £8,422.56 / £15,792.30 (£6,843.33 paid off - 47% paid)
    CC1: £4,604.97 / £4,804.97 (started from scratch in July 18) £200 or 4% paid off
    CC2: £4,191.14 / £5,031.14 (£840 paid off - 17% paid)

Total: £17,212.67 / £25,619.44 (£8,409.74 paid off, 33% paid)

Good things:
    • 33% of total debt paid off!
    • Loan is edging closer to 50% paid
    • Moved the interest paying balance from the CC3 into the interest free CC1 card and overpaid £150 into it this month
    • Saved £200 into emergency fund (although it's likely to be needed soon already...)
    • My husband worked at the weekend and is going back to finish off the job next weekend (likely working most of the weekend) so we'll have some extra cash coming in which I'm hoping to put into the savings account if we can!

Not so good things
    • Again, there's been some irritating expenses this month but nothing wild
    • Our letting agent has messed up our tenant's first rent payment so it's looking like we may need to pay a few hundred pounds towards the mortgage/ factor bill this month. We should recoup some of the costs but I'm worried that I've missed something and we actually need to just pay it...

Savings pots
    I think its fair to say that some pots are doing better than others...

Christmas fund: £550 / £600
    Credit union savings: £350 (this has gone down as I withdrew £200 to start Christmas shopping with)
    General savings: £200
    Gifts/ clothes fund: £30 - another £100 will be added to this on 1st but both kids really need some new clothes so once I've been through their wardrobes etc i'll be able to figure out who needs what and what we need to spend. I also have two family birthdays in October so will need to make this money stretch this month! I'd quite like it if this pot had a chance to build up...

Days until pay day: 3
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm at £19.60 on PA with £1 pending... time trickles by while waiting on this approval! Come on! I want to cash out!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Our new tenant moved in a couple of weeks ago and we just received our first month's rent. It's always light because they charge £199 'remarketing fee' to cover finding a new tenant, viewings, moving them out etc. However, they have deducted £299 this time. I called them on it and just got an email from them to say that they have put their prices up.

1. No communication/ advanced warning of the price hike.

2. £100 price hike is not insignificant!

3. They are so blazee about the fact that they've just taken my money.

I now have £181 towards a £410 mortgage payment which goes out in 3 days and I have a factor bill of £150 to pay on top of that for the flat... I'm seriously BEYOND ANGRY.

Why is there always something? I feel like every time I put money into our savings account, it needs to come straight back out for something else. It never gets a chance to mount up.

I'm challenging it, of course, but these people are a waste of space so I'm not holding my breath. :mad::mad::mad:
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • rawr_
    rawr_ Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Sorry to hear about how the Lettings Agency are treating you, that really is disgusting. Surely they have to let you know about a price hike before it happens, especially if you are already in the middle of using their services!

Very impressed with your Christmas fund so far - I have £31 saved for it so far, so I'm envious :o
    Biggest Comp Wins: Tour of Vietnam 2015 | Baby Rawr_ was born 16/03/20!
  • Have you considered selling the house you are currently letting? Now the tax rules have changed on rents received is it still worth doing it when you consider the hassle, cost of maintenance, letting fees etc etc? If you have equity in it you could use it to clear your debt. Just an idea although I am not a fan of BTL so never really got into it. People I know who do it though seem to be having constant hassle.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    I would definitely fight that cost as like you said £100 increase cannot surely be justified xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback