Getting it together...one £ at a time!

Options

Comments

• Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's a depressingly rainy day here today and we don't have many plans. I'm on the home stretch of the kids' Saturday activities and after that we need to get my eldest glasses checked (I suspect they're too small round the nose as he is face squirming a lot).

This afternoon we have nothing planned which is bliss! I'd quite like to go home, get under a blanket with some comfort food and just relax with the kids. Still feeling borderline grotty so I'd quite like to chill.

Need to get my thinking cap on for what we are going to do with the half term week off we have next month. I have a few ideas but need to get organised and plan some money to cover our activities.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Instead of paying £2.40 for parking for the opticians appointment, some kind soul gave me their ticket that they had finished with.

Kids are out playing in the garden, we are chilling with a cuppa. Really should be meal planning and doing a shopping list but have not much motivation.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Thistlewhistle
    Options
    Hi Homegrown0,

Reading your diary with interest. Good luck going forward, especially with a brand new shiny 6% payrise!!

Thistle:)
    Mortgage at end 05/2007: £90200
    Mortgage at end 08/2018: £71646 paid £18354 (20.5%)
    MFD: :eek:Original:05/2042:eek:
    Car Finance: £8225 : £6392 (22.2% paid off)
    CC Debt (0% until 06/2020): £5640 : £4400 (21.7% paid off)

Age of Money at 31/08/2018 = 23 days

YNAB is changing the way I live my life....and spend my money!!
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    Thanks Scott, I have just disabled the auto-renew. It's paid now until January 2019 but after that I won't resubscribe. You're right, after reading up on it, it's not worth it. I don't know how i ended up being a plus member anyway, actually!

Interesting about Beagle Street, I've seen them advertised but don't know much about them. We have so many policies so i need to get them out, review what we're covered for, review what we actually need to be covered for and see if I can bundle them into one all-encompassing policy. Make life a bit simpler!

I think regarding mine i just went through all the contact us sections on there site, then i dropped them a message and they cancelled it for me.
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    Thanks Scott, I have just disabled the auto-renew. It's paid now until January 2019 but after that I won't resubscribe. You're right, after reading up on it, it's not worth it. I don't know how i ended up being a plus member anyway, actually!

Interesting about Beagle Street, I've seen them advertised but don't know much about them. We have so many policies so i need to get them out, review what we're covered for, review what we actually need to be covered for and see if I can bundle them into one all-encompassing policy. Make life a bit simpler!

I think regarding mine i just went through all the contact us sections on there site, then i dropped them a message and they cancelled it for me.
  • rawr_
    rawr_ Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Hi Homegrown0, wanted to stop by and say hello after you left those lovely comments on my thread the other day :) have just read through your diary and have subscribed! Look forward to reading your journey - and well done on the debt busting so far, you're doing amazingly well.
    Biggest Comp Wins: Tour of Vietnam 2015 | Baby Rawr_ was born 16/03/20!
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options

Sorry that posted twice ooooooops
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    rawr_ wrote: »
    Hi Homegrown0, wanted to stop by and say hello after you left those lovely comments on my thread the other day :) have just read through your diary and have subscribed! Look forward to reading your journey - and well done on the debt busting so far, you're doing amazingly well.

Thanks for stopping by Rawr - getting there slowly but surely :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Monday morning again!

How did that happen?

Had a lovely weekend but my 'feeling rotten' has turned into a nasty headcold so I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself today.

This weekend I sold two things on ebay totalling £17.50 so once that's paid, it'll go into the savings pot. Need to get them to the post office too, so might do that today if I get payment in time.

Going to spend some time today doing surveys. Just signed up for Populuslive today too, so i'll see what that yields when i get something through.

Banked the £5 that I cashed out from Shoppix over the weekend - took it in Amazon vouchers so that's been stashed away in my account for now.

I've got a few more things to get on eBay too so once I get some motivation, i'll get moving on that...

Soup is the order of the day today. Need to get a couple of pots on the go to cover lunches for this week. It's definitely the weather for it!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Scott-Weiland
    Options
    Populuslive is okay but it takes an eternity to build up, i get maybe 1 payout every 10-12 months from it. Me being half asleep at work the other night sorry.

Try these ones

Power of opinions
    Opinion Outpost
    Swagbucks
    Yougov
    Minglerespondi
    One Poll
    Panel Opinions
    Opinium Research
    Prolific Academic

These are the main ones i use, there is a lot of other survey sites out there but there is a lot that are junk.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback