IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye PCN in ALDI

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That and the fact that it was commented that PE or their DCA could be knocking on my door suggests that it could appear on my credit report.
    Where did you find any of that?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gjm1168 wrote: »
    So I can safely ignore it then and at worse put up with six years of hassling me before it becomes Statute Barred?
    Yes... almost.

As Umkomaas has already told you, both the PPC and/or Aldi can change their strategy anytime during that six years.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    it was commented that PE or their DCA could be knocking on my door
    No they can't.
    suggests that it could appear on my credit report.
    No, it can't. Not without them going to court, winning, and you then not paying!

Where did you get those misunderstandings from?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    Q - how can you tell when a DCA or PPC are lying ??

A - when their lips are moving
  • gjm1168
    Options
    So if they can't do what they are saying in the letter who do I report them to for bullying/harassing/misleading information?

More to the point why can't they do this? Is it because it's not a debt - phone companies and anyone else that you miss a payment to can register it with a credit reference agency to the best of my knowledge, but a parking fine isn't a debt/contract? Just trying to understand why here guys and thanks for all the help.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    Options
    So if they can't do what they are saying in the letter who do I report them to for bullying/harassing/misleading information?
    Your MP. There's a very important private parking Bill going through its Parliamentary stages, so get your MP to support that. Google 'Sir Greg Knight' to get yourself some background on it.
    More to the point why can't they do this? Is it because it's not a debt
    It's only a 'debt' when either you agree it is, or a Judge declares it is.
    but a parking fine isn't a debt/contract?
    It's not a 'fine' either!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe everyone who shops at Aldi should ask the question ..

Mr Giles Hurley Chief Executive Officer

Email gmd.cs@aldi.co.uk

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you for clarification.

As an Aldi customer I am getting very concerned with
    the facts I am reading about your parking operative, they
    being Parking Eye

You of course will already know that Parking Eye has
    a very poor reputation and in particular taking to
    people to court and harassing them.

As I must be given respect when spending my money,
    I need to know whether or not you permit your operative
    in Aldi car parks to take your customers to court.

You will understand that your reply will assist me in any
    decision as to whether I continue using Aldi

Yours faithfully,
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    gjm1168 wrote: »
    More to the point why can't they do this? Is it because it's not a debt - phone companies and anyone else that you miss a payment to can register it with a credit reference agency to the best of my knowledge, but a parking fine isn't a debt/contract? Just trying to understand why here guys and thanks for all the help.

The difference is, a phone contract or a mail order debt, etc. are credit agreements under the CCA 1974 and a default on such an agreement has a specific meaning and is a default debt that affects credit rating. Kind of a fast-track way to wreck your credit record, by registering a default, like on a loan if you failed to pay. A CCA 1974 agreement applies and was defaulted upon.

So, I don't suppose you wielded your pen and signed a CCA 1974 credit agreement, when parking in the car park, did you?

So, the scammers are stuck with an allegation of a contractual breach and if they want to make that mud stick, they would have to take you to small claims, and win, and even then you'd have 30 days to pay if you lost.

No CCJ, no repercussions. Not unless you then didn't pay the £150 or so (no silly add ons, no huge costs) as ordered by your local Judge - which clearly would be something you wouldn't ignore because that's the stage where the fat lady sings, and you'd pay.

Now, re-read what the letter ACTUALLY says.

It is careful with its words and you didn't notice. It talks about 'in the event of a CCJ...' (and they are not wrong, they CAN send bailiffs in the event of the getting a CCJ...).

But a CCJ doesn't just get applied for!

:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • gjm1168
    Options
    Thank you one and all, problem sorted and gone away - ALDI agreed to scrap it.
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Gjm1168 I just had the same a few weeks back and Aldi customer services are arranging cancelation as of couple days ago. Insane that parking eye can pursue people like this. Hope your family crisis resolved as best as possible, and glad you got a good result.
    Thank you to everyone who helped out here and on mine and indeed overall here.
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business