Chased for old ccj

Options

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I think that letter's OK. It doesn't do any harm. They may come back with details of the ccj. Or they may just give up.
  • Kieran1301
    Kieran1301 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You think if they had the ccj in front of them they would or.just showed me that. It would jump steps for them to a un arguable outcome.
  • Kieran1301
    Options
    The ref number is also M381745
    I have changed the numbers for.obv reason. But wouldn't that be a ccj court ref number if they knew it?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,885 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Kieran1301 wrote: »
    You think if they had the ccj in front of them they would or.just showed me that. It would jump steps for them to a un arguable outcome.
    Kieran1301 wrote: »
    The ref number is also M381745
    I have changed the numbers for.obv reason. But wouldn't that be a ccj court ref number if they knew it?

Lantern have nothing to do with the county court judgement, it fell off your credit file before they even brought the debt, they most likely have no knowledge of it ever been granted.

Like you have been advised, use this to your advantage, send the statute barred letter, see what comes back from that.

No point speculating further.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Kieran1301
    Options
    Sent the letter but not heared anything back regarding the leter. But since I had the last reply to the prove it letter I sent I am getting a email everyday sometimes twice telling me that they will pass the debt on to a external recovery companies.
    Isn't that what they are :S
    Or legal assistance with their solicitors.
    They are none stop now.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,885 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They will be automated emails, Lantern buy these accounts, then farm them out to other agencies to collect if you don't bow down straight away.

They have form for not answering letters as well.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Kieran1301
    Options
    So I have had a reply to the limitations letter.
    Thank you for reply. You account has been placed hold while we conduct a investigation which we will contact the prev debters (moorcraft) which is them self :s and the creditor.
    Is this normal.
    Will the creditor know if it had a ccj. I asume the ccj would of come from the debt collector.
  • Kieran1301
    Options
    And also said this will conduct time whilst we investigate. So off they have no idea it is a ccj either.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited 11 August 2018 at 1:39PM
    Options
    Any court claim has to be made by the owner of the debt.

I did have the case of a stupid debt collector (and I remember the name) who tried to start a whole load of court claims in his own name when only appointed by a particular business to collect for them. Ended up in a massive legal battle with the business who employed him!

Anyway, you have said it's statute barred. They have said they are looking into it.

Post again when they tell you whether they agree with you or not
  • Kieran1301
    Options
    Ok so liklyhood is they going to contant the finance company, they will thell them they had a ccj. Heres the evidence and i then get the letter back sayying.
    Because dont seem like they giving up off that letter like some I have read on here have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure