Online scam - Fashion Centre #579890

Comments

• I've no idea how they got my debit card details.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've no idea how they got my debit card details.

I would guess that you (or possibly your husband) saw a link on Facebook or in an email saying "FREE WATCH" (just pay P&P). Then you ordered it & therefore got put into their monthly subscription service.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • 11th Jul 18, 11:36 AM
    Quick look at the tacky website and it is a subscription service!!
    https://www.fashioncentral-watches.com/

They provide people with the latest tacky fashions, watches, necklaces and other trinkets for an excessive amount of money. I doubt fraud has occurred in this instance, but rather OP has opted for a free set of beads in a piece of string and a cheap watch. Doing this for items that were probably worth the teaser gift, then you are flooded with even tackier items.

I have no idea who used my debit card and I certainly did not order any goods nor ticked the box agreeing to the VIP membership.
  • Terms and conditions pretty clear on their website.
    https://www.fashioncentral-watches.com/checkout
  • My husband is not on Facebook although I am. I can categorically state that I did not click on any advert /or ordered this tat. The fact is that the company say I did and I cannot prove otherwise. They have not given me any evidence except copy of the despatch note and a photoshot of the terms and conditions box. For goodness sake, I did not order this stuff or tick any box. I use only reputable firms for online purchases.
  • 11th Jul 18, 11:36 AM
    I have no idea who used my debit card and I certainly did not order any goods nor ticked the box agreeing to the VIP membership.
    My cards stay in my wallet!
    Your original post says you received a parcel. If that was not solicited by you, that was the time to cancel and check your bank statement. I balance mine every week. If you did not order it, and you believe facebook or I would change your ex husband!
    I have been frauded once, but that was a hotel webstite that had been hacked, the bank acted before me!
  • I use only reputable firms for online purchases. I have checked with my catalogue and checked all the purchases I have made and didn't make any in May.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I use only reputable firms for online purchases. I have checked with my catalogue and checked all the purchases I have made and didn't make any in May.

This looks like a separate entity to any catalogue.

These adverts are rife on Facebook, Instagram & such. You see them offering free sunglasses if you pay the P&P, which people are drawn into & then they don't read the Ts & Cs.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • I am adamant that I did not order these goods nor ticked the terms and conditions. What do I do next? I phoned the bank today and spoke to an agent in their Fraud Department who said that the order had been placed on the 16th May at 9.07am (very precise) and they have said that because I cannot dispute the evidence then the matter is on the side of Fashion Central and I have to say bye bye to the money. It is a large amount of money I cannot afford to lose as an OAP.

I am so annoyed about this I have checked the browsing history on my PC and have found that on 16th May my husband read his emails at 8.56 am and I logged into Facebook at 9.48am. That's nearly an hour's gap inbetween. I have copied and printed it off as evidence.

Neither my husband nor myself were online at the time of the supposed order being made!
  • One thing is, how did the company get your address and card details. Most internet programmes, MS EDGE, Google Chrome etc have facilities for storing your card details. Mine does. If you left phone or other trinket around, then anyone can access an unsecured phone! I know mine are locked!

So if you left your work PC? with card details and unlocked, they could have been ordered this way. For the PC to have done this, you would have to allow the PC to store these details. My work PC does not!

Details that are stored.
    Name
    Name of Card User
    Card Number
    Address

What is not stored
    Your security code on the rear of the card

Maybe this is what could have happened, but they still need you security code!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure