Online scam - Fashion Centre #579890

Options

Comments

• pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you looked at your emails and junk emails to see if they confirmed the purchase. The CAB might be able to tell you how you can use the law to return the items. A bit like the uk's distance selling rules.

Hi, yes I've checked everywhere as I fully expected there to be a confirmation of order email or something, but no nothing at all.

No confirmation anywhere, even in you spam folder? If so, someone has got hold of your card details. Stop your credit card and get a new one re-issued.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    That IP address appears to be German!

https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/#/query?searchtext=85.25.156.50#resultsSection

Did the transaction use your CV2 number (3 digit on the back of your card) or Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode? If not then the retailer has little evidence of authorisation. I'd write to Lloyds and ask them these questions, don't rely on call centre staff, they are often clueless. You are less likely to get fobbed off with bull***t in writing.
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Make a formal complaint to your card issuer, they will look into it again.
  • Loobyloo1us
    Loobyloo1us Posts: 42 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thanks Pearl, When I reported the moneys missing from my account the bank cancelled it straight away and ordered me a replacement.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Are you really saying that a firm guessed your name, address, credit card number, inc the 3 digits on the back and then randomly sent you goods in the hope that you would just accept them?

Not a very good scam, considering they could have just taken your money. They just must be psychic. Or someone in your household signed up on Facebook and isn't telling the truth.
  • Loobyloo1us
    Loobyloo1us Posts: 42 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    "One thing is, how did the company get your address and card details. Most internet programmes, MS EDGE, Google Chrome etc have facilities for storing your card details. Mine does. If you left phone or other trinket around, then anyone can access an unsecured phone! I know mine are locked!

So if you left your work PC? with card details and unlocked, they could have been ordered this way. For the PC to have done this, you would have to allow the PC to store these details. My work PC does not!

Details that are stored.
    Name
    Name of Card User
    Card Number
    Address

What is not stored
    Your security code on the rear of the card"

I've been told that my card details ie on JustEat, Asos etc could have been compromised. I am retired so therefore do not have a work PC, only my home one. I know you all think I am, or someone in my house ordered this stuff. I'm going to stop this thread because it's like having your identity stolen - no-one believes you and I certainly don't need the hassle. I was asking for help and I seem to have got the opposite.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    As far as I can see there have been no compromise of the Just Eat website.

OP I asked. Browsers now have wallet features that store details of your address and card. You stil need to add your three digit security code.

If you leave your phone, table or pc with no passwords these can be vulnerable. Question is how they guessed your address and card, you did not suspect anything when a package arrived in June?

I cannot see yet how this is a scam. It is a subscription service.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just a tip Loobyloo use the quote button when replying to a post, makes it easier for posters to see which post your replying too.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In the letter from Weasygoing and Thesweetest (Fashion Central) they state that the order was made from IP address: 85.25.156.50.
    I have managed to find my IP address (I have a printed out of all my computer details) and this is not my IP address. It relates to a Virginmedia account in Cosham, which is in the north of Portsmouth. I live in Southsea, Portsmouth.

Make a formal complaint to your bank, quoting this. I assume you're not a Virginmedia customer.
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could 9.07 be the time in Cyprus, if that's where the website is based?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure