PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Landlord applying for injunction.

Options

Comments

• Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    pimento wrote: »
    That's a bit unfair. I wouldn't let in a man with a clipboard unless I was expecting him, either. At the very least he'd be waiting outside while I checked with his office.

Neither would I, but it wouldn't be because I'd been told not to, I can think for myself an I'm sure the OP's wife is capable of that too!
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,243 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well maybe if my husband was a policeman or a scenes of crime officer and he had been party to stuff that wouldn't even occur to me, I'd take his advice.
    The OP didn't sound like he'd ordered his wife to stay in the house with all the mirrors covered.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • kay0601
    kay0601 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    I don't let anyone in that I'm not expecting regardless of if my partner is home. There's alsorts of dodgers going about!
  • grumpygit_2
    grumpygit_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Neither would I, but it wouldn't be because I'd been told not to, I can think for myself an I'm sure the OP's wife is capable of that too!

Yes she can think for herself.

When I said "as I have I told her to do" I meant as I have discussed with her.

I would never order my wife to do anything.

I may be brave but I am not suicidal. :D
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So did you manage to resolve things, grumpygit?
  • grumpygit_2
    grumpygit_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    They have told me verbally that they are going to withdraw the application. Just waiting for the written confirmation.
    Strange how they can get letters to me the next day when they want something but it's going to take 5 to 7 days for the withdrawal confirmation.
    I'll let you know if/when it turns up.
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that. I think this thread might be very helpful to anyone else who finds themselves in your situation.

Best wishes to you and Mrs. GG.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Can't help on this but I had a new boiler installed last month, took 5 hours and 10 days later I got a letter stating it was time for my annual gas safety check, I phoned and they apologised and was told it was a error, got a missed call a few days later stating they wanted to confirm time of gas safety check, then day after I managed to get another call but answered and they apologised again and said admin error, then got another letter confirming date so had to make another call!

Im with a council.
  • Smodlet
    Options
    At least they care, dekaspace. It is a pity they also waste so much public money on these "admin errors" but what price a secure tenancy in this day and age, huh? Patience is a virtue and all that.

Issuing court summonses or whatever is completely out of order in grumpygit's circumstances.
  • grumpygit_2
    Options
    That's the stupid thing about it.
    We had a gas cooker removed and a new boiler fitted 3 months ago which included a full gas safety check.
    That was another reason why we found the unannounced first visit a bit strange.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure