What small DFW things will you do w/c 9th July?

When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important! :money:
DF as at 30/12/16
Womblng 2020:
NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2

Comments

• Morning :D Whoop new day, new week and I'm feeling good! Day off - hurrah! Sports day later so only have 1/2 a day off and want to make the most of it!

Going to go to the allotment and water plants. Also going to contact friend I'm sharing with to see if we ca make a plan for Friday to go and do a "big job" - either sort out the shed - including re-roofing it or clear the back which is currently a massive compost bin and turn it into a seating area. Am thinking as the ground is too hard to work at the moment might as well use that time for something else!

I want to wash d/s floors and clean windows

Go for a swim to make good use of swimming membership. I need to go at least once a week so I'm not wasting money and so far so good!

make a batch of soup and a chicken curry to last me for 3 days at work. Going to soak black beans in a minute

make a meal plan and a shopping list. Have a lot in so shouldn't be an expensive week!

read my free book, from my kindle unlimited free trial - gosh am really loving it!

Ok that's all. My main thing is not haemorrhaging money! Hope you all have a great day
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 July 2018 at 7:11PM
    Morning all!

Thanks to DNMS for starting us off :)

Was very organised last night and actually got everything sorted, including walking up Moel Famau!

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Water garden
    • Call music shop to find out about order - order was lost in the ether. Have re-ordered for next day delivery
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Gym at lunchtime (all looks mean) - programming took 2 !!!!!!! hours! I need to work an extra hour now!
    • Check if OH did his invoice yesterday - done
    Erm must be more than that?

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 9 July 2018 at 10:44AM
    Hi July-Penny-Jailers,

Don't really know what I'm doing today. :o

This list will grow as I do stuff.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

THINGS I WILL DO:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise.

* List an old laptop for sale on eBay. Done.

* Sweep floor rather than hoover it. Done.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all :)

Thanks for starting us off DNMS :)
    CLF, I had to google Moel Famu!

Up early and a few things done already, as I know I will flag in the heat later :(
    Bit of weeding and clearing in the garden :)
    Picked a bowl of cherries and a few raspberries :)
    Also cut a couple of bright red gladioli for the house :)
    Pegged a load of washing on the line :)
    Washing up, recycling put in bins, sink area cleared etc

Checked banks and updated spreadsheet (and signature)

Still to do:
    Cleaning - start with kitchen floor and see where we get to from there!
    Watering in the garden later, seems never ending :( Still, when the rain comes, I am sure I will moan about that too :rotfl:
    All food from home, I will do omelettes today as I have lots of eggs :)

Sort out some items for sales unit, ebay, FB selling pages etc

Better get on with some of it!
  • E11ie
    E11ie Posts: 47 Forumite
    Morning all hope everyone had a good weekend except for being boiling??

Stress is definitely starting to ease and yesterday I even managed to go through my spending for the last month - as it took a back seat while moving. Was actually quite please as hadn't splurged on any lunches, only 1 coffee purchase and social spending well within budget. Am loving the new house, it's been a bit more expensive than we thought but we had already saved enough so that's a relief.

Todays jobs -
    • Go to the gym and fill up water bottle
    • Find out why gm DD is £50 more than usual :eek:
    • Fill in finances spreadsheet
    • Start the process of changing addresses - not easy as our postcode isn't recognised as it's a new build
    • Remember to put the rubbish bin out tonight :rotfl: (never had to think about this when living in the flat)
    • Pick up prescription and docs note
    • Start eBay listings

That sounds like enough to be getting on with :j
    Total debts £6471.03 / £6261 all currently on 0% interest
    Make £2018 in 2018 = £1010
    Focus on 1% challenge = £64.50
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :D I have finally emerged from my 44 day marathon of exam marking. :j:j:j:j
    I have barely made it but nonetheless have survived and now I am looking forward to sitting back and watching some money start to roll in. Fingers crossed.
    Home situation has improved, kids are seeing ex regularly and we are getting on better than we ever did in at least the past 10 years. Still a shame we had to split to get to that situation but I'm ok with it for now.
    2 weeks of work until summer can officially begin.
    The only truly dire side of life is financial. I'm so fed up with seeing my money come in and then instantly disappear. Not only am I missing ex's contribution to the running of the house but I'm also missing approx. £350 a month that I'm putting towards his rent until he's properly back at work, and my solicitors fees. Unfortunately until we get the divorce and finances finalised I just need to suck that up.
    I'm also quite unwell with hayfever this year, having never had it before. It makes me feel a bit dizzy, which is no good on top of how tired I already am. But I'm pulling myself round and now going to get back on the financial horse for the billionth time. It is just damage limitation until the separation is finalised though.
    So today I have meal planned to the nth degree for the week ahead (burritos tonight, no matter what we feel like eating).
    Left my purse at home to avoid spends
    Cashed out on tcb (everything helps at the moment)
    Printed off bank statements and payslips ready for my mortgage appointment (2 weeks today)
    Determined to make time to check in on here as it really helps.
    Have a good day everyone :D
  • Hey crazy_cat_lady - good to see you back. I'm glad that things are as settled as they can be and I hope that the rest picks up soon :)
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone.

I had a great long weekend and feel pretty refreshed. Still not thrilled to be at work however.

MS plans this week are:
    • Pack lunches every day for myself and for Hubbles
    • Put any 5p and 50p coins into jars every night
    • Prepare and stick to meal plan
    • Do surveys every day
    That should keep me ticking along nicely.

We also booked a holiday yesterday and I now have 10 days to get everything organised. To that end I need to:
    • Sort through the boys' clothes and set aside holiday stuff. I don't think we should need much more than a couple of pairs swim shorts for NJ and some sandals/pool shoes
    • Sort through my clothes. Have a meltdownabout how much weight I need to lose. Pull myself together and decide what fits then decide if I need anything new (a swimsuit is likely)
    • Organise toiletries, etc and replenish sun cream stocks
    • Pack
    • Check what we need to print off, get it printed and pack it with the passports
    • Shout at Hubbles to not leave his packing until the last minute
    • Remind Hubbles to organise airport parking (we get discount/cash back through work)

That lot should keep me out of trouble when combined with a full time job, general housework and making sure I spend some time with Mum and Dad...
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 July 2018 at 7:38PM
    I have no idea what I am doing to do. I have no motivation to do anything :(

I need to put a plan in place so at least I feel I have accomplished something.

Today's plan
    Meal plan Done
    Write shopping list Done
    Go shopping and stick to the list Done
    HE children for free Done

I know there will be more, just not feeling the love for anything today.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • I have no idea what I am doing to do. I have no motivation to do anything :(

I need to put a plan in place so at least I feel I have accomplished something.

Today's plan
    Meal plan
    Write shopping list
    Go shopping and stick to the list
    HE children for free

I know there will be more, just not feeling the love for anything today.

Be gentle on yourself. Sometimes the big win is taking a step back and slowing down :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts