PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Nipped in to a local cancer charity shop. ( They get some lovely things but not that cheap) Long silky dress for my holiday - black with fuchsia shades on hem and the bust area £4 and a brand new turquoise m&s top with 3/4 sleeves and a nice pleated trim on the neckline £6. I know it was on the dear side but the colour was beautiful and perfect condition. It will also go with a couple of other items n my wardrobe ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My neighbour was having some work done today which involved much heavy drilling so inspired by this and the lovely sunshine I escaped to Otley for a mooch around the charity shops and a sit by the river. Called into the St Gemmas 99p shop as I had a purse full of small change that I wanted to get rid of and thought I would at least find a 99p t shirt to spend it on. Ha! Spotted a plain white shirt on the rails, Russell Collection make, (appears to be 'workwear' but a white shirt is a white shirt!!), in a nice herringbone patterned cotton and BNWT. Found it selling on Amazon for £25. Couldn't even have bought the 15 buttons for 99p :p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Russell-Collection-Womens-Sleeve-Herringbone/dp/B00HZGJL70/ref=sr_1_20?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1526392218&sr=1-20&keywords=russell%2Bcollection&th=1&psc=1
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Mir! wrote: »
    My neighbour was having some work done today which involved much heavy drilling so inspired by this and the lovely sunshine I escaped to Otley for a mooch around the charity shops and a sit by the river. Called into the St Gemmas 99p shop as I had a purse full of small change that I wanted to get rid of and thought I would at least find a 99p t shirt to spend it on. Ha! Spotted a plain white shirt on the rails, Russell Collection make, (appears to be 'workwear' but a white shirt is a white shirt!!), in a nice herringbone patterned cotton and BNWT. Found it selling on Amazon for £25. Couldn't even have bought the 15 buttons for 99p :p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Russell-Collection-Womens-Sleeve-Herringbone/dp/B00HZGJL70/ref=sr_1_20?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1526392218&sr=1-20&keywords=russell%2Bcollection&th=1&psc=1

Thats lovely and just what Im looking for as well, well done on finding it for such a brilliant price
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    From St Johns Worcester and Barnards Green today.

Seasalt pale green sleeveless top
    White Stuff vest top
    Labels cut off dark blue top

Cristiano Ronaldo t shirt for son2

New with tags Fat Face t shirt for son1
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Took some bits into Sally Army - saw two lovely 50's style summer dresses, one red and white with a circular skirt, the other black and white - both of them no good for me - right size and length but because I am tall the waistlines were too high :( Consoled myself with a brand new hand held cleaner 600w and heavy, a bit like a dirt devil in Barnardo's for £4.99! Just the jobby on my boat ;)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • In my local hospice shop Weldmar I picked up a marks and Spencer’s jumper BNWT for £5.00. It’s got a bold flower print all over it and was last years season.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well I went looking for a white blouse to wear under the jumper I got the other week ( its a loose knit and very revealing) couldn't find one so need up with a bnwt pink one for £2.50

Also picked up a lovely white embroidered one with lovely flowing sleeves from Wallis for the same price. Not new but VGC

Im a happy bunny :)
  • Potternerd
    Potternerd Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Some lovely soft leather lace up Camper shoes, hardly worn for £5 whichever I'm really pleased with but will need a clear out as I've bought a few pairs recently. A white Levi's jacket for the summer £8 which is more than I would usually pay, but other times stuff is super cheap so it all balances out. My local hospice has one of those posh boutiquey shops and I have my eye on a Seasalt skirt in there but it's £15 which is ridiculous as Seasalt had it in their sale for £19, so hopefully they'll reduce the price and I can swoop in.
    My best recent bargain though was a pair of almost new Nike trainers which have prompted me to do Couch to 5K. I'm up to week 6 and have actually managed to run ( very very slowly ) for 20 minutes non stop. Trainers were £4.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Potternerd wrote: »
    My best recent bargain though was a pair of almost new Nike trainers which have prompted me to do Couch to 5K. I'm up to week 6 and have actually managed to run ( very very slowly ) for 20 minutes non stop. Trainers were £4.
    Well done! I'm an avid walker, but have never been able to run. I mean NEVER.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Miro - what a thoughtful bloke you have going back for that hat! I must admit I am hopelessly indecisive sometimes when I am out shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure