IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CPM postal parking charge - template check

Options
Hi guys,

I'm just checking for a friend: he’s had a PCN from CPM with a badly taken, barely legible photo of his car being parked in an unauthorised parking space, at 7:30 at night. I imagine it was a private space?

As CPM are an BPA and a IPC member, is it the 1st template (black) from the Newbies thread that he should punt off to them? His 26th day of having received his ticket is Thursday/Friday this week.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,821 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to determine whether CPM are AOS members of BPA or IPC.

Guidance on how to do that is in post #1 of the NEWBIES sticky thread.

Having found that out, it will be obvious which template to send.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    You need to determine whether CPM are AOS members of BPA or IPC.

Guidance on how to do that is in post #1 of the NEWBIES sticky thread.

Having found that out, it will be obvious which template to send.
    Thanks! Unless it's stairing me in the face, CPM don't appear on either register?! Although I'm pretty sure their logo's featured on his PCN?
  • KeithP
    Options
    Is the full name of the company Countrywide Parking Management Ltd?

If so, they are IPC AOS members.
  • KeithP
    Options
    http://www.bmpa.eu/company_guide_t_to_z.html

The full name is always best - at least once.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks KeithP, found them now, they're IPC registered. Couldn't see them at all on the BPA list, despite the BPA logo appear appearing on their litrature... maybe someone should tell them? :p

So with their IPC membership in mind, the advice is to wait a month or so for the Notice to Keeper to arrive and then appeal that with the black template?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 November 2017 at 5:20PM
    Options
    they can be members of both , like I have more than one bank account , but I only use one to pay my direct debits etc

read this explanation about memberships and logos

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5647776

UK CPM are IPC members , so use the IPC IAS for adr , that is all you need to know, and the fact its a kangaroo court so dont bother appealing to the IAS after UK CPM reject your initial appeal (its a paper excercise only for now)

I would wait for the NTK and appeal as keeper using the black text , within 21 days of the NTK arriving

if this was a postal notice that arrived weeks ago , that IS the ntk, so appeal it asap

after that its ignore anything except an LBC or an MCOL
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    a badly taken, barely legible photo

This is an indication of UKCPM's self-ticketing operation. Someone has got out their phone to take a pic in the hope of a commission. Such sad gits.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5647776
    I would wait for the NTK and appeal as keeper using the black text , within 21 days of the NTK arriving

if this was a postal notice that arrived weeks ago , that IS the ntk, so appeal it asap

after that its ignore anything except an LBC or an MCOL
    Cripes, this is the only thing he's had through from them and it was received around 24 days ago. I'll get him to send in the black template then as soon as possible. I'm glad I dropped by ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is there a web form or email address for appeals that someone could kindly link me? I don't want him even wasting a stamp on these muppets... thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure