<<<out of cheese error>>>

Comments

• Sorry NOA.

A spendy day, inevitable bits on swedish store, replacement school bags from decathlon (current ones have done a good 18 months and its starting to show), and a tkmaxx investment buy of a really lovely deep blue/green cardigan for me. Love the cardigan. Soft and draping, and the bright colour that I need to not look washed out.

Positives:
    remittance advice for Septembers tedious
    SB voucher ordered
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 10 November 2017 at 9:38PM
    Cardi sounds nice :)

Going to the Swedish store myself tomorrow after work. I only need 'bits' too.

Enjoy your evening
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Sorry NOA.

A spendy day, inevitable bits on swedish store, replacement school bags from decathlon (current ones have done a good 18 months and its starting to show), and a tkmaxx investment buy of a really lovely deep blue/green cardigan for me. Love the cardigan. Soft and draping, and the bright colour that I need to not look washed out.

Positives:
    remittance advice for Septembers tedious
    SB voucher ordered

Cardie sounds lovely. Why don’t I ever see anything in tkmaxx that I like....:(
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Another one here with a visit due to the newly opened Swedish store. On my first attempt I really only got the things I came for and went, because it's so busy. I want to buy a candle set for a birthday present for next weekend, so a mid-week visit quite late on is on the cards. I'm determined to at least get a fee coffee this time. :)

Well done with the school bags. 18 months is a decent life span.
  • Seaside, it took a lot of looking but I basically took all of the cashmere in my size to the changing rooms and tried everything on. This was the only one I really liked. I'm not buying 'ok' anymore. It's got to be just perfect or it can stay in the shops. I don't 'need' anything which helps. You can never find anything when you have spare cash and need x for work.

Baked today, as DS1 was moaning about lack of food.

Mango and coconut traybake

Drain tin of mango. Rinsing several years of dust off the lid first in my case. Dry slices on kitchen towel. Put them in the bottom of a lined tin.
    Cake batter, 6oz fat, 6oz sugar, 5oz SR flour, 1oz decimated coconut, 2 eggs, and at least an eggs worth of leftover coconut milk. (Or use 3 eggs and a splash of milk instead). Enough liquid for very soft drop. Smooth it over the mango slices, and sprinkle some more coconut on the top.
    Mine took 35 minutes to cook - nice and springy in the middle. Could eat it hot with custard (if you are weird) or let it cool, and then flip it over so the mango is on top and slice. We thought you could make mango drizzle with the syrup, or a mango syrup and coconut buttercream, but we didn't bother as he might have starved to death by then.
  • Seaside, it took a lot of looking but I basically took all of the cashmere in my size to the changing rooms and tried everything on. This was the only one I really liked. I'm not buying 'ok' anymore. It's got to be just perfect or it can stay in the shops. I don't 'need' anything which helps. You can never find anything when you have spare cash and need x for work.

I hear that on the ‘ok’ front!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • My eating habits are really poor again. I am having a fibro flare. There is clearly no link at all between those statements. Must actually eat some vegetables. I've had carrots and cauliflower with dinner today, not enough but better than none.

Beef out of the freezer, and I made yet more quiche, and a fruit cake while the oven was on. Be-ro book, Brack - but using value mixed dried fruit and half a tub of elderly cherries). Good slab style fruit cake that needs eating with an equal slice of tasty Lancashire, something that doesn't seem to exist in the Midlands sadly.
  • I too need to up my veggies Redo, especially green, leafy veg. I've started buying a big bag of organic spinach. I throw it onto to eggs for breakfast, throw some in whatever soup I am having and add to my main meal too. I love cauliflower so I blitz a whole one and keep it in the fridge to use as cauliflower rice when I remember...

Might work for you too?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think I still have a very large tin of mango puree somewhere. Need to think what to do with it (and it can't involve the freezer, due to lack of space, Otherwise it will just have to sit there for a while longer.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    My eating habits are really poor again. I am having a fibro flare. There is clearly no link at all between those statements. Must actually eat some vegetables. I've had carrots and cauliflower with dinner today, not enough but better than none.

just like there is no link between today's diet of red wine and dairy milk and tomorrow's hangover. Need to pull myself together - my mum needs my support as we come up to the anniversary of my dad's death. And I only have a week left at work. I need to focus on getting the loose end tied up and getting ready for my first holiday in ages...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback