We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,173 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Julie67 wrote: »
    There should be another from Halifax (now with Idem) who I have an unenforceable debt with and am currently ignoring.
    It's not showing at all on my credit file. Should I be asking for it to be there? Can they add it at a later date? or leave it alone.
    Thanks

Interesting question, can i ask, has it ever shown on your report previously ?

Have you checked all three credit reference agencies ?

Sometimes when an account is in dispute, the entry gets "hidden", so its not visible to you or anyone else.

It can then either disappear for good, or be re-instated at a later date, dependent on a number of things, usually the CRA will tell you if this is the case or not.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • heavenlyharry01
    Options
    Erghhh - my MBNA debt which was unenforceable is now enforceable.
    Booooo hisssss
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 29 July 2017 at 3:10PM
    Options
    Freaked out yesterday when I read my Clearscore credit report after just using Noddle for months. Saw that I have a Financial Connection with OH which is certainly not so:eek:. Not a single one of our financial dealings has been joint in 40 years, even the long since paid off mortgage. We never even had a joint bank account. It's incredibly difficult to contact them to get it put right (and I'd like more details of what it relates to as well) but the queries/complaints that get submitted on the Clearscore website go to Equifax (the parent company) who deal with them

Equifax sent me a link to access their secure area (the only place where it was to be dealt with) but the link didn't work:(. So I'm still in limbo. I've emailed Equifax directly but have had no response so am assuming they don't work Saturdays. Would have expected much of the access stuff to be automated though.

The reason for my panic is that OH doesn't have a penny in debts and apart from the mortgage has never owed a penny in his entire life. Unlike me who's been in a financial pickle for most of mine:o. As he knows nothing of my debts and DMP situation I am worrying sick that he will be somehow associated with my debts or get to know of them somehow.

Incidentally, I have no Financial Connections listed on Noddle but as it hasn't been 100% accurate in other areas on occasions I don't know which one to trust. Was tempted to try the free trial on Experian to see what information they hold on me but as I've already had one a long time ago they tell me I have to take out a paid sub:mad:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 29 July 2017 at 2:41PM
    Options
    Booooo hisssss

Oh no, sorry to hear that. I hope it doesn't happen to me as I have an MBNA debt with Link which I was told weeks ago is unenforceable. I've been depending on that being true as it's over £4500.

How long ago was it since they told you it was unenforceable please?
  • vaper
    vaper Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Freaked out yesterday when I read my Clearscore credit report after just using Noddle for months. Saw that I have a Financial Connection with OH which is certainly not so:eek:. Not a single one of our financial dealings has been joint in 40 years, even the long since paid off mortgage. We never even had a joint bank account. It's incredibly difficult to contact them to get it put right (and I'd like more details of what it relates to as well) but the queries/complaints that get submitted on the Clearscore website go to Equifax (the parent company) who deal with them

Equifax sent me a link to access their secure area (the only place where it was to be dealt with) but the link didn't work:(. So I'm still in limbo. I've emailed Equifax directly but have had no response so am assuming they don't work Saturdays. Would have expected much of the access stuff to be automated though.

The reason for my panic is that OH doesn't have a penny in debts and apart from the mortgage has never owed a penny in his entire life. Unlike me who's been in a financial pickle for most of mine:o. As he knows nothing of my debts and DMP situation I am worrying sick that he will be somehow associated with my debts or get to know of them somehow.

Incidentally, I have no Financial Connections listed on Noddle but as it hasn't been 100% accurate in other areas on occasions I don't know which one to trust. Was tempted to try the free trial on Experian to see what information they hold on me but as I've already had one a long time ago they tell me I have to take out a paid sub:mad:
    Funny you should say this. I've been using noddle, but today signed with the one from this site-experian and that seem s to have all different start dates than noddle also an m& s card from years ago is still showing on there so I'm a bit confused by it all. I find them all very confusing. :undecided:undecided:undecided
    Don't put menthol vape juice in your eyes!!!
  • vaper
    Options
    Booooo hisssss
    Oh, how can they do that, does it mean that they have now found the paperwork that was missing?
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi all
    Just to add my BC came back and originally said unenforceable. However about 2 weeks later they wrote again sending the paperwork the had now 'found'. Not that I understand it all too much anyway :o
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Interesting question, can i ask, has it ever shown on your report previously ?

Have you checked all three credit reference agencies ?

Sometimes when an account is in dispute, the entry gets "hidden", so its not visible to you or anyone else.

It can then either disappear for good, or be re-instated at a later date, dependent on a number of things, usually the CRA will tell you if this is the case or not.

No but I have only checked Noddle as it's free. Are the other ones free and which other do I need to be checking. Thanks
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,173 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Julie67 wrote: »
    No but I have only checked Noddle as it's free. Are the other ones free and which other do I need to be checking. Thanks

Experian and Equifax.

You can access Equifax for free through clearscore, here :

https://www.clearscore.com/?utm_source=Paid&utm_medium=googleppc&utm_campaign=brp&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgeSd3vqu1QIVxbftCh1TqwbuEAAYAiAAEgLjPfD_BwE

Experian now say theirs is free also, but be careful :

http://www.experian.co.uk/?sc=701790&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgeSd3vqu1QIVxbftCh1TqwbuEAAYASAAEgLqHfD_BwE&dclid=CPCP0ff6rtUCFQWMUQodXBQAxg

You can order a statutory copy without any trials, for a fixed fee of £2 from any CRA.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • vaper
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Experian and Equifax.

You can access Equifax for free through clearscore, here :

https://www.clearscore.com/?bvutm_source=Paid&utm_medium=googleppc&utm_campaign=brp&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgeSd3vqu1QIVxbftCh1TqwbuEAAYAiAAEgLjPfD_BwE

Experian now say theirs is free also, but be careful :

http://www.experian.co.uk/?sc=701790&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgeSd3vqu1QIVxbftCh1TqwbuEAAYASAAEgLqHfD_BwE&dclid=CPCP0ff6rtUCFQWMUQodXBQAxg

You can order a statutory copy without any trials, for a fixed fee of £2 from any CRA.
    Why be careful of experian, is there hidden charges?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport