Did anyone bag a Mini SNES before they sold out?

Comments

• RichL74
    RichL74 Posts: 938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Scalpers paradise for these now, £200 on eBay.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Managed to place a pre order on amazon.uk.....hope it gets fulfilled as I missed out on the mini nes.

Thats interesting as it says not avalable, when I looked and I have registered for alerts when back to purchase, and nothing has changed.

Is is the NES mini or the normal one you have preordered?

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,152 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Usuallly for pre orders stores will take more orders than allocation (or they dont have a fixed allocation) and then they just try to fullfill.

But seems nintendo have told retailers to adhere strictly to low allocations.

Argos had it added on their website late this morning but sold out within 15 minutes, I knew they were going to add it and kept trying their website all yesterday, but they gave no notice of what time it would be added.

They seem to be running this in a way so if new stock appears, it appears without any warning, meaning people cannot be prepared for it, it will favour automated tools that keep refreshing waiting for stock and those who can sit there all day constantly refreshing websites waiting for stock.

"not available" instead of "out of stock" is also not a good sign, usually when sites know they getting more stock they will say "out of stock". "not available" is more often used when they believe they getting no more stock at all or not for a long time.

So those of us who did not get in that 24 min window are probably never going to get one.
  • What is the difference between the NES and the SNES? i had a SNES when i was younger but just confused to how they have re-released two of their consoles in one year
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    luke623 wrote: »
    What is the difference between the NES and the SNES? i had a SNES when i was younger but just confused to how they have re-released two of their consoles in one year

Nes is the previous console to the snes which is more capable like PS4 is more capable compared to PS3.
  • Chrysalis
    here is some thoughts from polygon on nintendo's antics.

https://www.polygon.com/2016/11/11/13597938/nes-classic-edition-shortage
    Anyone who buys or, worse still, collects amiibos is all too familiar with this pattern. Simple toy, relatively easy to manufacture, is impossible to find. There are preorders, there are email lists, there’s price gouging from scalpers on marketplaces like eBay.

As of Oct. 2015, Nintendo sold over 21 million amiibos, an impressive figure to be sure for just one year. Meanwhile, Activision had some sold 250 million Skylanders figures as of June 2015, less than four years after the franchise debuted. You don’t hear about Skylanders scalping much, do you?

So either Nintendo is constraining supply, in order to drive hype and awareness and the allure of exclusivity — a holiday narrative as applicable to the NES Classic as it was for Tickle Me Elmo
  • Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    RichL74 wrote: »
    Scalpers paradise for these now, £200 on eBay.
    They're not selling for £200 though. They seem to be going for the £120-£140 range. I expect that will come down at launch when Ebay will be swamped with them, so hopefully those who do really want them can still get them at a somewhat reasonable price.

Again, something of a pipe dream perhaps, but there will be relatively few on Ebay now compared to how many listings there will be when people actually get them in hand.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • RichL74
    RichL74 Posts: 938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There's loads on buy it now between £150 and £300, you don't know if they're selling or not, one sells another ten get listed.
  • Chickabiddybex
    Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    Much cheaper to drop a tenner on a RasPi Zero W and a fiver on a controller but whatever floats your boat!
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • Chrysalis
    argos delisted yesterday and now are cancelling orders

I managed to get one from a dutch retailer.

more bad news

argos didnt just delist

they been cancelling orders

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/6keb0l/psa_argoscouk_snes_orders_are_being_cancelled/
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/it_seems_argos_is_cancelling_some_snes_classic_mini_pre-orders_in_the_uk

I know this is not great financial sense but I want one of these units just for the collectors purpose, obviously using emulators is more prudent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure