We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Reclaim CPP article discussion

Options

Comments

• hi, I received a phone call from the company who helped me claim all my ppi back...they said I can claim all payments from the bank that I paid within my account which covered mobile phone ins, card protection ins, and green flag in the beginning then changed to AA...I think I used breakdown service once or twice, I never used my mobile ins and I think I might have used my card protection when my card was stolen...but you can ring up anyway and cancel your card without any ins...what I would like to know is this the CPP claim that you mean???
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have today contacted FOS and they are sending a communication today to CPP's Head of Office in York to register a complaint on my behalf, asking for an explanation.
    FOS aren't secretaries.

Any "forwarded" additional complaint will carry no more weight than one you have sent yourself.

You can refer your complaint to FOS, but the referral process takes in excess of eighteen months.

You'll just have to be more patient, nothing you have done will have hurried the process.
  • SenoraJojo
    SenoraJojo Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Filled in my form in early March, used the reasons helpfully given on the 'why you might have been mis-sold' section of the claim information form, cheque arrived today for over £300 :)
  • Southernbell
    Southernbell Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    FOS aren't secretaries.

Any "forwarded" additional complaint will carry no more weight than one you have sent yourself.

You can refer your complaint to FOS, but the referral process takes in excess of eighteen months.

You'll just have to be more patient, nothing you have done will have hurried the process.

I've already contacted CPP Head Office in York (not the 'Scheme of Arrangement') and they are now investigating on my behalf IN ADDITION to anything the FOS are doing. Why should claimants give these people vast amounts of time to investigate their own incompetence?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why should claimants give these people vast amounts of time to investigate their own incompetence?
    My advice was only with regard trying to get FOS to force CPP to hurry the cheque. FOS have no remit for that.

I had a far worse experience of delayed payment of my PPI redress. You can read about it in my thread from two years ago;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3959897&highlight=
  • jonqwerty
    Options
    i am in the process of claiming a ppi through a ppi company.i phoned them yesterday to see how far along it was going,they said theyd phone the ombudsman to see,then after the ombudsman had spoken to them they proceeded to call my xwife and disclose my ppi claim in detail with her.i asked the ppi company to remove her from my claim 15 months ago ,they told me they had but because the paper work they had sent the ombudsman 16 months ago the ombudsman hadnt known that i had had her removed,when they speak to me i have to give all my details to get to talk about my claim yet they didnt ask anything when they phoned my x wife,any help appreciated
  • Southernbell
    Southernbell Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In reply to MoneyIneptitude's latest contribution to my original post yesterday:

Sorry to hear that. However most claimants would be unwise to leave it to CPP Scheme of Arrangement solely to investigate their own errors, they don't deserve that consideration. I have now escalated my complaint on 3 fronts: via CPP Head Office in York, FOS and the Scheme of Arrangement themselves, it's the Scheme of Arrangement's own fault for being so inefficient in the first place.
  • rg12bee
    rg12bee Posts: 5 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    we had four of these CPP letters so filled them all in and hoped for the best. We have now banked over £370 in our account and my son over £130 in his. Result! I used MSE template and just worded reasons slightly differently in all four letters.Not bad for the cost of four stamps.
  • dottie_1
    dottie_1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I used your MSE template to get £245 back from CPP.Thank You very much I'm going to enjoy spending it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    most claimants would be unwise to leave it to CPP Scheme of Arrangement solely to investigate their own errors, they don't deserve that consideration.
    I disagree, mainly in contacting FOS who can do nothing-but also because it is only the CPP scheme which will be sending the cheque.

Anyway, if you feel that all this extra complaining activity will speed the resolution then by all means continue.

If you read my linked thread, you'll see that I had to write direct to the CEO of HSBC before a speedy resolution to my problem. I was waiting far longer than you have before I resorted to that, however.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport