IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Pranky Receives Threats From Parking Eye

Options

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm confused, If parking eyes charges only cover their losses, then wouldn't the business be making a loss, or at best just breaking even with a small in significant profit?

Via linkedin, via parking pranksters blog...
    Christopher Lee
    Civil Engineering Manager at Parking Eye LTD
    My current role at ParkingEye Ltd has given me the opportunity to build a department within an already substantial and profitable Car Park Management company.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't hold back now Hot Bring - say what you mean!:D

They cannot it maybe defamatory. Stick the the facts :)

:T:T:T

I picked up on the substantially profitable business also.. So what else do they do to create these substantial profits besides the overpriced invoices?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    As has been said already PP's blog clearly touched a nerve.

What I find particularly paradoxical is that a company so keen to recoup its alleged losses that it sues hundreds of motorist a week (in blatantly arbitrary numbers) for relatively small sums of money then wastes what is presumably a sizeable amount using an outside solicitor when it has a salaried one in-house to pursue someone for disclosing information that is already in the public domain courtesy of their own staff.

Methinks they have simply bought the letterhead and are hoping that no one will be able to hear the petulant stamping of feet.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Parking-Prankster
    Parking-Prankster Posts: 313 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2014 at 3:46PM
    Options
    It's all very strange that they threaten to go legal over job titles when they take no action whatsoever about 'untrue and defamatory blog posts'.

That hasn't stopped them writing to judges in court cases where I have been providing witness statements outlining untrue statements [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM].

FAO District Judge X

Mr Prankster has no interest in this case, was not the driver or registered keeper and has a history of making court appearances at County Court hearings which have nothing to do with him.

On his blog he consistently posts untrue and defamatory statements.

We do not believe that his presence at the hearing is required or that it will be beneficial or useful in any way.
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 January 2014 at 1:10AM
    Options
    on a side note, does anyone think we should send UKPC a PCN (Potato Crisp Notice) for this http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/

and as its not parked properly within those marked bays, do we send TWO notices ? ;)

or do we send the driver on a retraining course at UK Prankster Coaching ?
  • 4consumerrights
    4consumerrights Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2014 at 2:08AM
    Options
    It's all very strange that they threaten to go legal over job titles when they take no action whatsoever about 'untrue and defamatory blog posts'.

That hasn't stopped them writing to judges in court cases where I have been providing witness statements outlining untrue statements by Jonathan Langham though.

Shame Parking Eye aren't too well educated on the etiquette in legal matters.

The statements made by Jonathan Langham on his blogs were his own opinion and backed up with supporting evidence to show this was indeed factually researched.

The new Defamation Act came into effect on January 2014 and in fact has given a wider freedom of expression and a new threshhold regarding defamation brought by corporate bodies which must show a considerable damage to profit has occurred should the statements be true, and defamation proven. It is always the claimant that must show that harm has been done by the allegations made. In this case the statements were true so no wonder Parking Eye aren't too keen to pursue this.

Parking Eye aren't adverse to making up their own falsehoods - look at all these parking charges for alleged breaches not being a genuine pre-estimate of loss after all, but their tax deductible business running costs..

The BPA daren't back down on this though - as should they admit it is not GPEOL then this proves entirely where breach of contract is alleged that PPCs aren't abiding by COP - This would knock Parking Eye dead in the water with one fell swoop- it is a condition of their contract with their client that the BPA COP is adhered to.

Parking Prankster (PM sent) could even consider suing Parking Eye for making such an untrue statement that his blogs have been defamatory.:D

PS DID I MENTION THAT SHONA HEGARTY IS THE OPERATIONS CO-ORDINATOR FOR PARKING EYE
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Maybe the prankster could make friend with this newbie in the Shop, don't drop sub forum, to find out more inside info.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64329442&postcount=57
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • Dave_TH
    Dave_TH Posts: 183 Forumite
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    Somebody on Pranky's blog has managed, just by using Linkedin, to find not only those job titles, but the identity of the people who hold those positions. It's all in the public domain.

would that be this one, I have checked Linkedin and it's correct

And why does Parking Eye think it now has control of the internet? I would love to see that 'Land Owner' witness statement.

Oh, and how does one get 'confidential' information such as Job titles and rolls of its employees? I think you will find the source is called

https://www.linkedin.com

Freely available information on the internet published by its own employees....

Bryan Malcom
    Sales Manager at Parking Eye LTD

Zoe Staziker
    Account Manager Parking Eye LTD

Mike Crease
    UK Sales Manager Parking Eye LTD

James Diss
    UK Commercial Manager Parking eye LTD
    Responsible for engaging managing agents & pension funds who wish to protect thier asset and actively manage the car park environment.

Wesley Button
    Sales Manager at Parking eye

Michelle Nix
    Key Account Manager

Christopher Lee
    Civil Engineering Manager at Parking Eye LTD
    My current role at ParkingEye Ltd has given me the opportunity to build a department within an already substantial and profitable Car Park Management company.
    Initially recruited to the company to offer some insight into the procedures and legislation needed to implement their own infrastructure team.
    Having observed the company utilise sub-contractors to meet client’s requirements and expectations, it was a challenge to implement a new resourceful department within an already fledged car park management sector.
    Since my employment at ParkingEye, I have been able to improve working practices and develop new techniques to assist in the operational function of the business.
    The opportunity to work at ParkingEye has given me great satisfaction, and whilst assisting in my own personal development, it has helped others around me.
    As my responsibilities have grown it has become increasingly important for me to keep abreast of current legislation. I take a proactive approach through my continuing professional development, technical circulars, and trade journals.
    Recent developments have focused my attention on Health and Safety, Risk Assessment and best practice and value engineering.
    I believe given an opportunity, I would be a valuable asset within any organisation. I consider myself self-motivated with a leadership management style. My aim is to always strive for improvement, strengthen relationships and ensure the successful continuance of business operations within an organisation.

Penny L
    Legal Assistant at Parking Eye LTD

Alexandra W
    Procurement Manager at Parking Eye

Dominic Dawson
    Research and Development at parking eye LTD

Mark Anfield
    Client Services Director at Parking Eye LTD

Robin Howes
    Installation Team Manager at Parking Eye LTD

Shona Hegarty
    Operations Coordinator at Parking eye LTD

Rachel Ledson
    Head of Legal Services 'Car Park Operator' Preston
    General Counsel of a new legal function for a growing entrepreneurial business (commercial, corporate, regulatory and debt recovery).

(She has Endorsed Jayne Rylance, Legal Vacation Assistant, November 7, 2011, Rachel managed Jayne at PArking Eye Ltd.)

2011 - present - General Counsel - Head of Legal Services (Commercial Contracts, Corporate, Regulatory, HR and Debt Recovery).

2008-2011 Quatro UK - In-house counsel and Company Secretary (Commercial Contracts, Corporate, Regulatory, HR)

2007-2008 DLA Piper (UK) LLP - Solicitor
    (Corporate M & A, MBOs, Private Equity Investment)

2004-2007 Hewden Stuart Plc - Paralegal/Trainee Solicitor
    (Commercial contracts, Litigation, Insurance, Corporate)

Specialties:Corporate and Commercial.

Lancaster University
    2:1 Hons, Law
    2000 – 2003

For example...

And so is the entirety of Hill Dickinson LLP (803) available on LinkedIn, including

Peter Jackson
    Managing Partner of Hill Dickinson LLP

So Parking Eye can now direct the Police to the people mentioned above and to LinkedIN.com, address below

LinkedIn Corporation
    2029 Stierlin Ct, Mountain View,
    CA, United States ‎
    +1 650-687-3600 ‎ · linkedin.com

That took about 20 minutes, even a Parking Eye 'Enforcement Officer' could do it, it is hardly 'inaccessible and out of the public domain'
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    This would knock Parking Eye dead in the water with one fell swoop- it is a condition of their contract with their client that the BPA COP is adhered to.
    Which means PE should have been booted out long ago. They frequently breach the CoP. And then the likes of ANPR Ltd breach it in absolutely every single action they take, yet they are still members and able to access the DVLA database, their lifeblood. The BPA is as bad as PE in turning a blind eye to dodgy and potentially unlawful activities.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Now I understand why prankster redacted the blog, if you notice the date of the solicitors letter it was from November last year. As someone who has received veiled threats from the other ATA in house scumbag solicitors on here it is a concern for people's ability to express themselves.

This is newsworthy and sending out solicitors letters as threats is pathetic, if you remember it was done with ukpc with nutsville, they had a massive dpa breach, they just laughed in their faces, and the blog is still there. Together with the threats of it being a criminal matter.

The whole so called industry is a lie, they are corrupt, they lie, and they have the backing of so called ATAs who do nothing beyond pretend to be impartial .
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport