Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance/Provident Financial

Options

Comments

• Scoots100
    Options
    Hi, Have you moved this claim on any?
    I am at exactly the same point, disc received, similar figures on the insurances, I too was heavily pressured to take the insurance if I wanted the finance....

Not sure who to put the PPI claim in to now
    Direct Auto Finance
    Advent admin solutions
    NIG
    Provident

Jeez, this should all be illegal!
  • zackfair1983
    Options
    I've sent the form direct to Direct Auto Finance. That's who I took it out with, so I'm waiting to hear back.

Provident own Direct Auto Finance, so that part should be covered. I'm hoping to have a reply shortly! Will update as and when.

Good luck!!
  • IamPuzzled
    Options
    Thanks for all these tips/advice. I am new to this and realise I need to do a lot of reading. Can someone tell me what is a SAR request?

I also stupidly bought a car from Yes Car Credit in 2001, my credit was bad. The car cost £6,000 and I was paying £252.30 per month for 4 years. Needless to say, I struggled to keep up these payments and I was able to pay them off in 2007. Can I claim PPI going back to 2001?
  • makani78
    Options
    hiya just wondering if you have any further feedback or results regarding your claim for ppi from Direct Auto Finance?
  • Hi guys have you had any reply at all, I am in the same boat, only i surrendered my vehicle after managing to lose my job, they auctioned it and as i had paid off half the debt already they told me i wouldnt have to pay anymore, i then get a letter from Direct Auto Finance demanding over £2500 for interest (the second part of the agreement) which i later found out was actually MBI.
    I guess they stopped sending the demands after all this about missold insurances came about.
    I have just sent off for my SAR but i still have the paperwork they gave me when i collected the car, I too was told that I couldnt have the car without the insuracne,- i will never ever buy a car from people like that again.
    My credit rating is shot to pieces because of these cowboys, so i guess they wouldnt touch me with a barge pole anyway... ironic isnt it??

Kindest regards

karen
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I guess they stopped sending the demands after all this about missold insurances came about.
    I'm certain they'd want to off set any redress awarded against the amount you still owe.
    Be careful with this.
  • ~Brock~
    ~Brock~ Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all you can get a free info pack on how to get out of your car finance available from, dyo claim ,( do your own claim ) just google them its an all free site ,,hope this helps , pack has letters guides etc ,free ,,

Spam reported. Not just because it is spam, but also some of the 'info packs' on this site are dangerously out of date and others look like they have been written by a grumpy but illiterate schoolchild with an axe to grind :rotfl:
  • makani78
    Options
    I've actually received a reply from Direct Auto Finance regarding my claim for PPI when I got my car with yes car credit. They have replied with an offer which I have agreed to and returned' signed agreed offer'. Its been a couple of weeks and I am yet to receive a cheque. Anyone come as far as this stage and receive a cheque?? How long did it take for them to write back with a cheque??
  • myalphabetgirls
    Options
    I have put in a complaint to Welcome Finance regarding ppi on a secured loan back in 2005. I am awaiting response.

When I contacted Welcome they had a dedicated team dealing with ppi and it was confirmed over the phone details of all loans I had taken out and if ppi was on them. We also had a car from yes car credit and welcome confirmed the gap/shortfall insurance/breakdown/mechanical insurances which we were told at the time we had to take out to ensure acceptance. This car loan through yes car credit was in 2002. Welcome told me that I would need to take this straight to the FOS given the time barring, which is what I have done.

I wont hold my breath for a reply any time soon as waiting time with the FOS is upwards of a year I believe. Still worth a shot! We didnt need any of these insurances as our own insurance covered it! We did tell the over bearing salesperson at the time but I remember the day well. Complete brain washing and they cut you off from society, lol. In a little office for best part of a day with no daylight! Then shown 3 possible cars. 5 mins to make a decision and then sign here please... Horrible but desperate experience.
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
  • Littlelynney
    Options
    hi i am also new to this, i got a car with yes car finance in 2000 but i havent any of the paperwork, can they send me details of this if i write to the address which was on this thread earlier on? thanks x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure