Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    zackfair1983
    Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance/Provident Financial
    • 12th Mar 12, 1:03 PM
    Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance/Provident Financial 12th Mar 12 at 1:03 PM
    Hi,

On April 28 2005, I bought a car from Yes Car Credit. It was a horrible experience, where I was stuffed into a room and told that now I was here, I have to buy a car. I still have the same vehicle. The loan was paid off in full by my dad in October 2006 in order for me and my partner to secure a mortgage and buy our first house.

I have just received a pack from Welcome Finance about reclaiming PPI on a loan I had with them. Which has made me think about Yes Car Credit.

Am I still in time to make a claim? I read somewhere that I have 6 years from when I could have reasonable learnt about reclaiming PPI.

I have today contacted Provident by phone to enquire if they have that business, which they confirmed they do. They cannot however find me on their system, which is worrying. Obviously, I know exactly where I bought the car. I'm not 100% sure where my paperwork is, though.

Because I have moved since, would this cause a problem for them granting an SAR? Or could they just turn round and say "You were never a customer because there is nothing on our system"?

Any ideas?
Page 1
    • amersall
    • By amersall 12th Mar 12, 3:59 PM
    • 15,259 Posts
    • 18,860 Thanks
    amersall
    • 12th Mar 12, 3:59 PM
    • 12th Mar 12, 3:59 PM
    Put a Sar into yes car credit.

• zackfair1983
    • 26th Mar 12, 1:00 PM
    • 26th Mar 12, 1:00 PM
    SAR request sent today first class recorded.

So what's the typical turn around time for one of these? There must be a rule regarding that.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 26th Mar 12, 3:25 PM
    • 20,466 Posts
    • 11,345 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 26th Mar 12, 3:25 PM
    • 26th Mar 12, 3:25 PM
    SAR request sent today first class recorded.

So what's the typical turn around time for one of these? There must be a rule regarding that.
    Originally posted by zackfair1983
    They have 40 days to respond.
  • zackfair1983
    • 16th Apr 12, 5:56 PM
    • 16th Apr 12, 5:56 PM
    I got a reply! Unfortunately it wasn't what I wanted.

"We are unable to provide the details you have requested as you have not included a signature.

Should you still wish to receive the information you have requested, please send a valid signed authority."

Now to me, this sounds like they are going to try and make up my agreement and everything else that should be on my file. But regardless, we'll cross that bridge later. Should I send the same sort of reply as I world if I was making a CCA request?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 16th Apr 12, 5:58 PM
    • 20,466 Posts
    • 11,345 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 16th Apr 12, 5:58 PM
    • 16th Apr 12, 5:58 PM
    Should I send the same sort of reply as I world if I was making a CCA request?
    Originally posted by zackfair1983
    No, just enclose a signature as they've requested.
  • zackfair1983
    • 17th Apr 12, 8:43 AM
    • 17th Apr 12, 8:43 AM
    Okay, thanks will do. I presume the 40 days will start once they receive my signature.
    • amersall
    • By amersall 23rd Apr 12, 7:49 PM
    • 15,259 Posts
    • 18,860 Thanks
    amersall
    • 23rd Apr 12, 7:49 PM
    • 23rd Apr 12, 7:49 PM
    What address did you send this to? someone else needs to know this too.

• zackfair1983
    • 24th Apr 12, 8:54 AM
    • 24th Apr 12, 8:54 AM
    No problem! I sent it to...

Provident Financial
    No. 1 Godwin Street
    Bradford
    BD1 2SU

It seemed to take quite some time to get there, but that's probably just Royal Mail. The reply I got back was letter headed from Direct Auto Finance, and matched other documentation I have since managed to find, so it is definitely the right place!
    • amersall
    • By amersall 24th Apr 12, 10:17 AM
    • 15,259 Posts
    • 18,860 Thanks
    amersall
    Thank you so much x.

• zackfair1983
    Reply received!

They sent me an encrypted CD with all documentation in a PDF. The CCA itself is blank and completely void of any details. However, there are further details further on.

Appears I had the following insurances:

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance 650
    GAP Insurance 495
    Payment Protection Insurance 1692.98

I did not invoke any of these policies, and although I appear to have signed an agreement for them, I felt completely under duress whilst locked in their office.

Can anyone advise my next steps?
  • Scoots100
    Hi, Have you moved this claim on any?
    I am at exactly the same point, disc received, similar figures on the insurances, I too was heavily pressured to take the insurance if I wanted the finance....

Not sure who to put the PPI claim in to now
    Direct Auto Finance
    Advent admin solutions
    NIG
    Provident

Jeez, this should all be illegal!
  • zackfair1983
    I've sent the form direct to Direct Auto Finance. That's who I took it out with, so I'm waiting to hear back.

Provident own Direct Auto Finance, so that part should be covered. I'm hoping to have a reply shortly! Will update as and when.

Good luck!!
  • IamPuzzled
    Yes Car Credit
    Thanks for all these tips/advice. I am new to this and realise I need to do a lot of reading. Can someone tell me what is a SAR request?

I also stupidly bought a car from Yes Car Credit in 2001, my credit was bad. The car cost 6,000 and I was paying 252.30 per month for 4 years. Needless to say, I struggled to keep up these payments and I was able to pay them off in 2007. Can I claim PPI going back to 2001?
  • makani78
    any results>?
    hiya just wondering if you have any further feedback or results regarding your claim for ppi from Direct Auto Finance?
  • hadagutfulofdaf
    Hi guys have you had any reply at all, I am in the same boat, only i surrendered my vehicle after managing to lose my job, they auctioned it and as i had paid off half the debt already they told me i wouldnt have to pay anymore, i then get a letter from Direct Auto Finance demanding over 2500 for interest (the second part of the agreement) which i later found out was actually MBI.
    I guess they stopped sending the demands after all this about missold insurances came about.
    I have just sent off for my SAR but i still have the paperwork they gave me when i collected the car, I too was told that I couldnt have the car without the insuracne,- i will never ever buy a car from people like that again.
    My credit rating is shot to pieces because of these cowboys, so i guess they wouldnt touch me with a barge pole anyway... ironic isnt it??

Kindest regards

karen
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 17th Sep 12, 5:50 PM
    • 20,466 Posts
    • 11,345 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I guess they stopped sending the demands after all this about missold insurances came about.
    Originally posted by hadagutfulofdaf
    I'm certain they'd want to off set any redress awarded against the amount you still owe.
    Be careful with this.
    • ~Brock~
    • By ~Brock~ 19th Sep 12, 12:44 PM
    • 1,579 Posts
    • 1,471 Thanks
    ~Brock~
    Hi all you can get a free info pack on how to get out of your car finance available from, dyo claim ,( do your own claim ) just google them its an all free site ,,hope this helps , pack has letters guides etc ,free ,,
    Originally posted by Jonnydogooder
    Spam reported. Not just because it is spam, but also some of the 'info packs' on this site are dangerously out of date and others look like they have been written by a grumpy but illiterate schoolchild with an axe to grind
  • makani78
    I've actually received a reply from Direct Auto Finance regarding my claim for PPI when I got my car with yes car credit. They have replied with an offer which I have agreed to and returned' signed agreed offer'. Its been a couple of weeks and I am yet to receive a cheque. Anyone come as far as this stage and receive a cheque?? How long did it take for them to write back with a cheque??
  • myalphabetgirls
    I have put in a complaint to Welcome Finance regarding ppi on a secured loan back in 2005. I am awaiting response.

When I contacted Welcome they had a dedicated team dealing with ppi and it was confirmed over the phone details of all loans I had taken out and if ppi was on them. We also had a car from yes car credit and welcome confirmed the gap/shortfall insurance/breakdown/mechanical insurances which we were told at the time we had to take out to ensure acceptance. This car loan through yes car credit was in 2002. Welcome told me that I would need to take this straight to the FOS given the time barring, which is what I have done.

I wont hold my breath for a reply any time soon as waiting time with the FOS is upwards of a year I believe. Still worth a shot! We didnt need any of these insurances as our own insurance covered it! We did tell the over bearing salesperson at the time but I remember the day well. Complete brain washing and they cut you off from society, lol. In a little office for best part of a day with no daylight! Then shown 3 possible cars. 5 mins to make a decision and then sign here please... Horrible but desperate experience.
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,188Posts Today

6,205Users online

Martin's Twitter