Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance/Provident Financial

Options
Hi,

On April 28 2005, I bought a car from Yes Car Credit. It was a horrible experience, where I was stuffed into a room and told that now I was here, I have to buy a car. I still have the same vehicle. The loan was paid off in full by my dad in October 2006 in order for me and my partner to secure a mortgage and buy our first house.

I have just received a pack from Welcome Finance about reclaiming PPI on a loan I had with them. Which has made me think about Yes Car Credit.

Am I still in time to make a claim? I read somewhere that I have 6 years from when I could have reasonable learnt about reclaiming PPI.

I have today contacted Provident by phone to enquire if they have that business, which they confirmed they do. They cannot however find me on their system, which is worrying. Obviously, I know exactly where I bought the car. I'm not 100% sure where my paperwork is, though.

Because I have moved since, would this cause a problem for them granting an SAR? Or could they just turn round and say "You were never a customer because there is nothing on our system"?

Any ideas?

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Put a Sar into yes car credit.
  • zackfair1983
    Options
    SAR request sent today first class recorded.

So what's the typical turn around time for one of these? There must be a rule regarding that.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    SAR request sent today first class recorded.

So what's the typical turn around time for one of these? There must be a rule regarding that.
    They have 40 days to respond.
  • zackfair1983
    Options
    I got a reply! Unfortunately it wasn't what I wanted.

"We are unable to provide the details you have requested as you have not included a signature.

Should you still wish to receive the information you have requested, please send a valid signed authority."

Now to me, this sounds like they are going to try and make up my agreement and everything else that should be on my file. But regardless, we'll cross that bridge later. Should I send the same sort of reply as I world if I was making a CCA request?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Should I send the same sort of reply as I world if I was making a CCA request?
    No, just enclose a signature as they've requested.
  • zackfair1983
    Options
    Okay, thanks will do. I presume the 40 days will start once they receive my signature.
  • amersall
    Options
    What address did you send this to? someone else needs to know this too.
  • zackfair1983
    Options
    No problem! I sent it to...

Provident Financial
    No. 1 Godwin Street
    Bradford
    BD1 2SU

It seemed to take quite some time to get there, but that's probably just Royal Mail. The reply I got back was letter headed from Direct Auto Finance, and matched other documentation I have since managed to find, so it is definitely the right place!
  • amersall
    Options
    Thank you so much x.
  • zackfair1983
    Options
    Reply received!

They sent me an encrypted CD with all documentation in a PDF. The CCA itself is blank and completely void of any details. However, there are further details further on.

Appears I had the following insurances:

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance £650
    GAP Insurance £495
    Payment Protection Insurance £1692.98

I did not invoke any of these policies, and although I appear to have signed an agreement for them, I felt completely under duress whilst locked in their office.

Can anyone advise my next steps?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport