🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

In a cottage for the weekend, all on my own

Options

Comments

• thatgirlsam
    thatgirlsam Posts: 10,451 Forumite
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »
    I don't understand, you have two dogs but are only taking one? Why?

I think you mis-read talking pitbull for taking pitbull!

OP - Have a great time, drink loads of wine - you won't care :p

You will be perfectly safe :)
    £608.98
    £80
    £1288.99
    £85.90
    £154.98
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you mis-read talking pitbull for taking pitbull!

OP - Have a great time, drink loads of wine - you won't care :p

You will be perfectly safe :)

D'oh, yep. I need some sleep! I was about to start warning the OP about referring to her dog as a pitbull and the danger of it being seized! :rotfl:

I also thought for a second you were on about an actual talking pitbull, time for bed indeed!

OP, I live alone with my dogs, its bliss! Take some good books and some warm walking boots.
  • anxious_mum
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »
    I don't understand, you have two dogs but are only taking one? Why?

I only have one little Dog! He is coming with me, I have two sons, one is staying home. The 18 year old is a bit, shall we say, challenging, so I'll look forward to a weekend without him for sure.

Come on then girls, pack up your sleeping bags, let's do it! (At least I won't be a Billy-no-mates!)
    2013 NSD challenge 3/10 :D
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    I have to admit I'd probably be a bit nervy staying on my own, but then again I am like that at home and live in London!

It does sound lovely though, and it's the kind of thing I would like to be comfortable doing. I'd be happier doing it with someone else being there.

I'm sure you'll have a great time though :)
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Options
    I am dreaming of a weekend away with my dog................. bliss
  • anxious_mum
    Options
    Thank you ladies (and of course the men who replied). I am now feeling quite liberated, I am looking at this weekend as being more of a 'me' weekend than being a 'taking my son to see his dad' weekend.

I am going to shop for all the lovely things I love (that the boys steal), I will take 'The Grapes of Wrath', which I have wanted to read for ages. I will take the DVD series too, which my bro always asks me about. I will take some bath bombs, and a face mask (I never ever get time to use these at home) and, although my phone may be charged I will not answer rubbish calls. My 18 year old will be with his gran, so nothing bad will happen there.

I've always wanted to see the night sky properly. I might even find time to look at the stars. After speaking to you lot I'm really looking forward to it now! Thanks x x
  • msb5262
    msb5262 Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a fab time - it does sound great. Take your own pillow and maybe a hot water bottle in case you really feel the cold...lots of chilly weather forecast.
    I think lots of us would love to join you and you sound much more relaxed now you've realised that!
    Enjoy it.
    MsB x
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you hear something go bump in the night it will only be a sheep staggering about in it's usual gormless way.
    Don't underestimate your dog, JRT's don't know they're only small, in their heads they're the size of a dinosaur - with lots of teeth and bark that can cause an avalanche.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • mountainofdebt
    Options

I've always wanted to see the night sky properly. I might even find time to look at the stars.

There's a google sky map app that you can download which will tell you what you're looking at it as well as there being an app that tells you when the International Space Station is passing overhead so you can see it whizzing past
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • anxious_mum
    Options
    Errata wrote: »
    If you hear something go bump in the night it will only be a sheep staggering about in it's usual gormless way.
    Don't underestimate your dog, JRT's don't know they're only small, in their heads they're the size of a dinosaur - with lots of teeth and bark that can cause an avalanche.

I know Erata, he may only be very young and very small, but he makes me feel quite safe. I think he will love a change of scenery, and he will huff and puff at everything he hears (or thinks he hears!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family