IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Premier Parking Solutions P&O Hull Dock.

Options
Sparkleejw
Sparkleejw Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 14 February 2018 at 5:51PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I have just arrived back from a trip to Amsterdam travelling from Hull, I used the car park directly outside terminal 1 and parked in one of the marked bays. I purchased a parking ticket by debit card for £21 to cover the duration we were away, I read the instructions and placed both the parking ticket and receipt upon my dashboard as instructed and checked that they were still in place as I left the vehicle. On returning to my vehicle I was greeted with a parking fine for not displaying my tickets correctly, premier parking solutions were asking for £100 or £50 if I pay within 14 days. In the windy coastal car park it seems that the ticket and receipt had been blown to the bottom of my dashboard and were not visable for some of the time I was parked. The tickets must have been visable on the first day and this must have happened overnight as the parking ticket was dated for the 2nd day of parking. Unfortunately it seems that the parking tickets supplied are not fit for purpose in a high wind coastal car park as they are not supplied with a sticky part to secure the ticket. I have the tickets and proof of purchase via my bank statement however on the PPS website it says I cannot appeal the fine for tickets which have blown away. I have read many similar posts and this seems to be a common problem and it seems to me that PPS supply their tickets like this in the hope of catching law abiding people out in this way. I am so disappointed that P&O use such a corrupt company to operate the car parks on the land P&O owns and feel that it is about time something was done about this as it is totally unjust. I have looked on lots of forums and don't really understand the procedure to appeal as it seems I can't appeal for the ticket slipping down the dashboard, lots say just don't pay it and ignore the letters but I'm really worried about doing that and wasn't sure if rules have changed. Other forums say don't admit as the registered keeper that you were driving, but not sure what this involves. On the verge of just paying but thought id try to do some research first. I would really appreciate any help with this matter from anyone who has experienced this recently. Many Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family