PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Ironing emergency!!!!!

Options
EEEEK! My elderly neighbour came and sat in for me the other day when I was expecting a package to be delivered. Bless her, she decided to help out and did a bit of ironing for me. I've just discovered....

she's pressed creases in my best jeans!!!!

How can I get the creases out??? Have tried the damp cloth thingy but they still show something horrid.....oooooh!! 1a_y_angry.gif
♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

Comments

• Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ermmmmm I don't do ironing :o

How about hanging them over a steaming bath? Mind you if they've been ironed in they might not drop out so easily. May have to wash them again and see if that helps :confused:
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    :eek: I hate creases in jeans. Stick em back in the wash, when they're dry use lots of steam when you iron them.
    Bulletproof
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    sod waiting till they're dry iron them when they're damp
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Allexie wrote:
    EEEEK! My elderly neighbour came and sat in for me the other day when I was expecting a package to be delivered. Bless her, she decided to help out and did a bit of ironing for me. I've just discovered....

she's pressed creases in my best jeans!!!!

How can I get the creases out??? Have tried the damp cloth thingy but they still show something horrid.....oooooh!! 1a_y_angry.gif

this made me pmsl

just imagining your face :rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I never let anyone do ironing for me now. After someone, well meaning again, decided to help me out and they totally knackered the sole plate of my brand new £50 quid iron (before the MSE days), and ruined one of my favourite teeshirts. I'd only used the iron twice. They ironed over a motif on a teeshirt and it melted all over the sole plate. Needless to say I was fuming and I rarely saw her after that episode. :mad:
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My MIL used to iron creases into Hubby's jeans! I had to wash them again to get the creases out. Nowadays I hide the ironing pile when she comes round!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Iron? What's an iron? :confused:
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    squeaky wrote:
    Iron? What's an iron? :confused:

:rotfl: ... that's what I thought :D

I hang my clothes up while damp so the creases fall out whilst drying and most of it, including my son's stuff, is the type of fabric not to crease too badly anyway. Even his school uniform is M&S non-iron shirts and trousers LOL! ... and on the rare occasion they might need ironing (if he's left them crumpled in a heap as boys often do :rolleyes: ) I've taught him where the iron lives ;)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :rotfl: ... that's what I thought :D

I hang my clothes up while damp so the creases fall out whilst drying and most of it, including my son's stuff, is the type of fabric not to crease too badly anyway. Even his school uniform is M&S non-iron shirts and trousers LOL! ... and on the rare occasion they might need ironing (if he's left them crumpled in a heap as boys often do :rolleyes: ) I've taught him where the iron lives ;)

I try to buy clothes that don't need ironing. Not only that but I wear things that do need ironing under things that don't so actually - they don't need ironing at all. Though I might feel silly if I get run over by a bus...
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    Smiley_Mum wrote:
    I never let anyone do ironing for me now. After someone, well meaning again, decided to help me out and they totally knackered the sole plate of my brand new £50 quid iron (before the MSE days), and ruined one of my favourite teeshirts. I'd only used the iron twice. They ironed over a motif on a teeshirt and it melted all over the sole plate. Needless to say I was fuming and I rarely saw her after that episode. :mad:

Years ago we lived in Thailand. We had a very nice lady that i paid to do the ironing as she was far better at it than i have ever been, only thing was she ironed my swimming costume which i discovered when it suddenly stretched about 3 times bigger than it should of been on the top half when i got in the swimming pool :eek: :rolleyes: :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure