IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Indigo ITAL appeal

Options

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Report them to the BPA. Debt collectors letters while an appeal is ongoing is a no no.

Demand they are given sanction points.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    the bpa code of practice states POPLa as"an appeal" , there is no appeal going on in the eyes of the BPA
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    Itsascam wrote: »
    No major news. Not heard back on ITAL appeal, but have received a debt collection letter from ZZPS (and yes I will ignore it, promise) but myappeal to ITAL was within the 28 days so clearly the offer of appeal (from ZZPS) was pointless - even though we thought it would be pointless anyway. Hope that makes sense :)

I would write to ital head honcho nicola.welling@ital-uk.com who is the Corporate Affairs Director

who has told me that the company who have issued ital ref , must abide by BPA code of practice , and action will be taken against companies (???) that send fraudulent documents or fail to uphold BPA code of practice ,

I asked what would happen , sanctions and ban was the answer

my (???) comment above , was that ital as such only have one client for motoring appeals

send my lov and kisses , as she now refuses to answer questions from me
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would write to ital head honcho nicola.welling@ital-uk.com who is the Corporate Affairs Director

who has told me that the company who have issued ital ref , must abide by BPA code of practice , and action will be taken against companies (???) that send fraudulent documents or fail to uphold BPA code of practice ,

I asked what would happen , sanctions and ban was the answer

Good idea, let's do this every time. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Itsascam
    Itsascam Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Ok have sent an email to Ms Welling. For what if is worth here is what I wrote...

Dear Ms Welling

I have appealed a supposed penalty notice through your website and would like to complain about a debt collector letter from your client ZZPS.

My appeal with ITAL has not been decided yet, how can they send threatening letters while the appeal is in progress? I attach a scan of the letter in which you can see it is dated after the appeal was lodged (sorry I got the orientation wrong but you can see the date of the letter etc)

On a lesser point, they refer to a debt. There is no debt, just made up figures from what seems to be a cowboy operation.

Please can you look into this matter as I am sure this must be against BPA guidelines. Even if it isn't it is definitely not reasonable bahaviour (what is the point of the appeal process if they are able to continue to send such letters?)
  • Itsascam
    Itsascam Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Also, they've taken the Indigo logo off the AS parking website and changed the FAQs. I've got the screenshot of the email address being Indigo from this thread (thanks Fruitcake), but did anyone happen to get a screenshot of the front page that had the Indigo logo?
    I think I saw it on a forum as well but have searched with now luck.
    Would like to have it in my back pocket in case.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    I got screenshots
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Itsascam wrote: »
    Ok have sent an email to Ms Welling. For what if is worth here is what I wrote...

Dear Ms Welling

I have appealed a supposed penalty notice through your website and would like to complain about a debt collector letter from your client ZZPS.

My appeal with ITAL has not been decided yet, how can they send threatening letters while the appeal is in progress? I attach a scan of the letter in which you can see it is dated after the appeal was lodged (sorry I got the orientation wrong but you can see the date of the letter etc)

On a lesser point, they refer to a debt. There is no debt, just made up figures from what seems to be a cowboy operation.

Please can you look into this matter as I am sure this must be against BPA guidelines. Even if it isn't it is definitely not reasonable bahaviour (what is the point of the appeal process if they are able to continue to send such letters?)

Brilliant. Copy that to the BPA too.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    sigh

AS clearly state in facts that only the owner is liable ,

"The Byelaws 14(4) state that it is the owner of a vehicle that may be liable for a Penalty. The owner is presumed to be the registered keeper, unless it is proven otherwise. If the owner was not the driver, the owner is still liable for the Penalty."

but of the appeal you are offered

1: I am the owner

or

2: I was the keeper , BUT you cannot submit form until you give owners name , address email , phone number

and accept "You may be contacted by email. Please ensure you
    check your junk/spam folders for a response and
    that you add no-reply@ital-uk.com to your contacts."
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    you may like to look at the "wayback" machine for this company

https://web.archive.org/web/sitemap/https://www.asparking.co.uk/

meet n greet , airport parking etc etc etc , this was very shortly before they became a independent appeal service

https://web.archive.org/web/20131116015257/http://asparking.co.uk/parking-services.asp
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure