Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2016

Options

Comments

• bubble113
    bubble113 Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Stuie, great report!

I find it funny how different you and my OH are when it comes to hire cars, we tootle round in a Nissan Versa!! Soooo not fussed and I would be a bag of nerves if he was driving anything fancy! This is probably the first year he's not driven on the wrong side of the road!:eek:

Sucks on the losing, we donated our winnings on the last day and came home with nothing.

Are you going again?
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not sure, each time we came home prior, I always had the "I want to go back" feeling straight away, but the beatdown I took on the tables, hasn't given me that feeling! :D
    Although saying that, I only lost what I was prepared to lose, so not all bad, and I did buy some nice goodies (still in case! doh!)...

We like Vegas for the sunshine, the food, stuff to do, and a flutter, so thinking about it, yeah, I can see us going again, but plan for next year is to get a few of us out to Orlando for 2 weeks....

As said in my post, the holiday just gone was all about rooms and cars, and the added bonus of getting those goodies without paying the price or the asking price, etc etc... :)

Bubble, did you say u managed to get $75 waived in the Cosmo ? what was that for ?
  • bubble113
    bubble113 Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've only been to Orlando once, I like gambling too much so no good there for me....had to get on a ferry to gamble!

I did get $75 waived at Cosmo, that was for the room upgrade. I maybe should have been better at negotiating the upgrade in the first place as maybe could have gotten the wraparound for that. I didn't pay anything at Cosmo, couple of free buffets and no resort fee. The slot host looked at the bill and was like 'yeah I can sort that small amount for you no problem' i'm thinking I coulda got away with quite a bit more but only so much you can spend in 1 night and didn't want to chase comps.

I have had an offer through for 2 free nights and $175 freeplay....very tempted....
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    StuieUK34 wrote: »
    Not sure, each time we came home prior, I always had the "I want to go back" feeling straight away, but the beatdown I took on the tables, hasn't given me that feeling! :D
    Although saying that, I only lost what I was prepared to lose, so not all bad, and I did buy some nice goodies (still in case! doh!)...

We like Vegas for the sunshine, the food, stuff to do, and a flutter,

hi
    and again thanx for the long trip report and the pics looks like you had an aswesome time, except for the losses of course!
    In the last 2 years when we have been to vegas like you we had that buzz about booking up again pretty much straight away,This year , having recently came back well not so much,
    For me its the long travelling and those issues that really has annoyed me!
    just i seem to be getting less and less patient and everyone seems to be doing things slowly .
    It's maybe just me but when the plane stops in vegas and gets to the stand, i just wanna get off the plane, run to the baggage claim grab the bags run to the taxi and get to the hotel asap:D
    just everyone seems to wanna go in slow motion, take it easy n what not lol

Im sorta in 2 minds about booking up for next year though
  • am05
    am05 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all at the airport now! Had a great time ! Just to let you know after my question earlier we had success at mlife desk comped everything on our room expect tips that we had made for food and drinks. Happy with that as aria resort fee for two weeks would have been pricey!

Xxx
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Well we are finally home...and now the jet lag sets in !!I am utterly buffeted out!!!I think even though I have got over 500k Lps to spend for Oct trip I dunno that I will rush for buffets again...on the whole I have been disappointed with most of them this time.
    Mirage....BOGOF breakfast buffet.....crap
    Monte Carlo 2x dinner buffets.....crap
    Aria...BOGOF dinner buffet.....ok
    SpiceMarket buffet Travelzoo with drinks....crap....we got there at 7.20 and finally got sat down at a table at 8.30.
    However my favourite was Manadaly Bay BOGOF Brunch.....unlimited mimosas and really tasty food in beautiful surroundings...would do this one again.
    We were blown away with the Venetian.we had a suite and it was amazing.OH asked very nicely at check in and we only paid for 3 days resort fees....even though I used in room internet every day.The weather was so so hot.We never sit by the pool but on this holiday we were at the pool@ 7.30 am and by 9.00 am we were done!!!we didn't do anything different on this trip except to chill.I did plenty of shopping as everywhere was in sale.....got lots of Michael Kors 50% off and Bath and Body works was dirt cheap in the sale.
    Had a bit of luck on my fav Wonka machine....probably won over $800 in total...so managed to bring some back for next trip.I also always feel Vegased out when I come home but it's an addiction...I have to go back...I can't imagine never having another holiday there.....roll on October!!!
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and how annoying...checked in at the airport for flight home...knew there were no two sets on their own together so we specifically asked for two aisle seats....low and behold I am sat in the middle of a row of three with a man either side so basically sat with my arms folded across my chest the whole way home and not one second of sleep.....grrrrrrr.....��
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 June 2016 at 1:19PM
    Options
    welcome back hovis and thanks for the trip report and we had a similar experince with regards to the buffets to you, we used myvegas for them though we liked the mirage one my brother espacally!

we thought willy wonka machine was good fun . a couple of times we got on the board(a few times with the wee spolt girl whos name i cant recall) and thinking cool we have been playing $3 a go and a few times left diasspointed with winning between *only* $10-$15

and for 3 out of 4 of our flights we had someone beside us.
    On our flight back to edinburgh was good!, we were sititing waiting for people to board and were looking towards the cockpit and one of the strewds asked if we were okay and we said sorry just being nosey and looking at the cockpit, a moment later he comes back and said ok come with me and we got a look at the cockpit and got to nose around and ask a few questions!

and when we got back to our seats boarding was over, door closed, 3 seats for just us 2! though to be fair we aint skinny lads so.lol
    like you i ve been pretty bad with jeglag!
    and again like you every time i come home i wanna go back to vegas again!
    kind regards
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks Hovis

We felt the same as you this last trip,that the buffets we had were mainly poor.
    Really didn't like the wait or the food at Spice Market.
    We have never tried the Mandalay Bay buffet.The unlimited mimosas,was that an extra paid for add on ?
    Or is it like the Mirage,included in the price ?

Might sway us to try the MB buffet during Septembers trip.:rotfl:
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Also

Stuie and Bobbyhibs

We have had about 13 trips to Vegas.
    Like most on here,was always sad to be going home,and couldn't wait to book up again to go back.
    Then round about trip 5 or 6 didn't have that feeling when we had come home.I thought well,we've done it quite a few times now,it's getting a bit "familiar".....maybe we won't bother next year.

It only took a few weeks back home for the need for another Vegas "fix" to kick in......like Hovis says...it's an addiction..once your hooked,it's hard to imagine not going back.

Would you get the same excitement and buzz going anywhere else ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure