PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 December 2014 at 3:39AM
    Options
    Hi everybody,

Just a small purchase of some Keurig pods that I went halves with a work colleague with, she split 2 boxes each one a different flavour and then I bought half from her.

$12.82 / $300.00
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning, just finishing off my week of nights, today going to grandaughters playgroup nativity play, they have tombola with tea and buns afterwards so going to take a fiver from my GC budget. Doing ok up to now, going to try to find family circle biscuits at Tesco today for £2 a box (800g) on the shopitise app there is a £1.50 voucher code so my biscuits will only have cost me 50p when I have redeemed. Have a good day everyone.
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
  • maria3104
    maria3104 Posts: 920 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi,

Cranky 40

I also hate the crowds out shopping. I go to HB and Mr AL** when the car park is empty, normally jan/feb/jul and if I am there,(1hrs drive away). I love using sm home delivery £1 slot and get lots of value fillers, mince, and whatever is on offer etc. I also watch AFoods website and if there is an offer I really want, once 15kilos of self raising flour for £1 ish.( I then decant and freeze in small bags to prevent it going off) I then do an order from them to fill the weight allowance, usually lots of other stuff. Delivery is usually £7.50 but sometimes I get a free delivery voucher.
    Sadly it means I miss out on YS finds. I am currently in awe of Bobarellas results, the Queen of YS. We get no £ road kill either, but if you want a squirrel????
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I think doing a 2 week shop now is a great idea, and one that I may use.

We leave here next Sunday, to go up to my mums, and I am hoping not to spend more than £60 between now and then.
    I may actually go to Morrisons today, when its most quiet, and get what I need so that I don't have to enter a supermarket until I take my Mum shopping ( I have collected the Morrisons Christmas Bonus Vouchers so that I can do a food shop for her while we are up there).
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have just updated my signature. We have now spent £179.94 out of the allocated £450 from 22 November till 26 December. This hasn't been helped by my being ill and having to send OH shopping (where is that roll eyes smiley that we used to have when you need it :rotfl:)

I haven't got any of the Christmas food yet, apart from bits I have made, but I do have a well stocked freezer and larder for all the rest of it, so it should be ok.
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just found this on the Weezl Vs USA thread (might be halving it)

4x 400g cans plum toms
    1 kilo couscous
    6 small onions
    80ml veg oil
    garlic, garam masala/curry powder (mild)
    Sultanas
    1 kilo bag of fine green beans frozen
    coarse grain mustard

Some excellent (and very cheap) storecupboard recipes there - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=826653&highlight=spiced+lentils+sundried+tomatoes&page=25
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
  • Solstice_3
    Options
    NewShadow added your Sausage Casserole and Couscous recipe to the index. Will check the link out later to see if there is anymore to add to the index :)

Off out now to buy a mini pizza for DS, a friend is coming round for lunch today and is treating me to pizza :) Mine is a bit salty though so will get a ham, cheese and tomato one for DS, DD can have "picnic"
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • smokies
    smokies Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    a little update from me, yesterday went to HB and did a little spend of £8.00 - mainly mouthwash for hubby and painkillers, will up date sig......

Got nothing doing today so going to put down as a NSD

Have a great day xxxx

Smokies
    Sell £750.00
    Jan-feb-march - 150.00

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Spent the £5 Christmas bonus in Iceland, 400gram bacon 2 garlic and herb philly and pack 6 sachets minestrone cupa soup, all put away for January. A nice free lot.
    Slimming World at target
  • Mr_Planky
    Options
    I've managed a few NSDs since my first big shop of the month so I'm feeling a bit happier about things now :)

Yesterday morning we paid a visit to the new Aldi that recently opened near us. It was just after opening time and was so busy and stressful we walked down a couple of aisles before walking out without buying anything! That's one way to reduce the food bill I suppose! :)
    Jan GC - £25/£230
    Dec GC - £239.05/£240
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family