M & S Vouchers

Options

Comments

• ged1980
    ged1980 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Wendy wrote: »
    What’s this all about?

There's a way to get a free £5 Marks & Spencer gift voucher. To do it all you need to is call up or go online and get a quote for Direct Line home insurance before 30 November.

The advert has been all over the papers, but the key term is that you don't need to get the insurance to get the voucher.

Warning: It's likely to be swamped, and possibly with so many people coming from the weekly e-mail this promotion may be pulled quickly.

How to do it?

You can either do it online or call up
    • On the phone: Call 0845 246 4019 and say you've got a code, "mspress" at the start of the call
    • Online: Get a quote online but ensure you enter the code "mspress" and the voucher will be posted to you within 30 days.
    If you get a quote online you won't see any info about the offer (this has been in newspapers) but we've been assured by Direct Line's press office that entering this code in the 'promotional code' box will qualify you for it.

What else do you need to know?

Quotes can be obtained up to 90 days in advance and you don't need to purchase the policy to get the voucher, just hit the 'Save Quote' button to exit the quote.

Direct Line is doing this becasuse it says "you'll be happy with with our prices and service" yet it isn't automatically cheapest, so if you're looking for new home insurance check its price against my usual Cheap Home Insurance four step plan to compare the market.

It's likely that you'll join its marketing distribution list by doing this, but you should be able to opt out easily if you choose to.

It's full terms and conditions

Full terms and conditions of the Direct Line:

1. Participation in this offer is by obtaining a home insurance quote from Direct Line online or via telephone.
    2. This offer will close at 5pm on 30.11.08.
    3. Offer is limited to one voucher per household.
    4. Vouchers will be sent out within 30 days after quote has been attained.
    5. UK addresses only.
    6. No cash refunds or exchange once vouchers have been issued.
    7. Vouchers are not transferable nor assignable and can only be redeemed in Marks & Spencer UK and Northern Ireland stores, not online.
    8. Vouchers cannot be used to pay off Marks & Spencer credit cards.
    9. Vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.001p.
    10. This offer is not open to any customer who is an employee of either Direct Line or their agencies.
    11. If you have any queries please call 0800 408 2504.

Thanks to MoneySaver heskpesk who mentions this elsewhere on the forum.

Please report how you got on by clicking reply

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Why has this not been merged with heskpesk thread theres was over a day before this one but they getting no credit now for a great find seems to have been taken over as an MSE find come on give credit where credit due

rant over sorry
    If you dont like me remember its mind over matter, I dont mind and you dont matter ;)
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thanks for this myself and my bf (different address) both applied.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • bagby
    bagby Posts: 828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just completed online -great. Ive just recd 10 pounds kingfisher voucher for a quote from my union insurance - this is getting to be quite lucrative.
  • altyfc
    altyfc Posts: 788 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks - have done it online and will see what happens. :)
  • nips
    nips Posts: 2,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hmmmmm. maybe too late - I got the quote but got system down for maintainence when I was trying to save it! I hope as I got the quote that it worked though - time will tell.... x
    Comping addict since 2007 - still waiting for 'the big one' :j
  • FireGirl_3
    Options
    Thank you. Did mine online, might do one for my mum too :-)
  • lindz7687
    Options
    Thanks, did mine online!
    Quote was over double what i pay now for less cover! :eek:
  • Christie
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I `ve done it.
  • fatboyonadiet
    Options
    Did it over the phone with no problems

Be warned they do want the promotional code and will only do it if your policy ends in the next 30 days
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • misterbikeman
    Options
    Many thanks guys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business