Investing in Pillows - Tempur or Tempur Style

Options
13»

Comments

• andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've had one for 7-8 years, bought from the chiropractor for £50. I'm upset if I forget to take it when going away even for a couple of days.
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Posted about this on the old site some time ago.............I bought my Tempur pillow for £36 many years ago from my Chiropractor, after having wasted sooo much on cheaper versions that collapsed!!

I love my pillow soooo much it goes with me everywhere, USA, Spain, The Alps, Malta and so on! AND Tempur are sooo good....................no I didn't buy the company, I bought the mattress, and it is sooo worth the investment, bought it for £800 as they had a 20% off deal on and paid it interest free over 6 months.

It's the best thing EVER, you sink into it and it moulds to your body, oooooo LOVE it!!!
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • homealone_2
    homealone_2 Posts: 2,004 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks folks, are these pillows used as just one or with something else.? i generally use 2 pillows but at this stage willing to give anything a go! the mattress sounds wonderful..... if only ahhhhh
  • buffers
    buffers Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Options
    We bought a Tempur 'mattress topper' as we had only just bought a new mattress. Apparently, as long as the topper is at least 7cm deep, and you have a relatively new mattress, it is as good as a deep Tempur mattress. I got this minus VAT as I have a back problem and I got the pillow free with the order. (You do not need any other pillow with it). Haven't looked back since (forgive the pun). It took a week or so to get used to both mattress and pillow but cannot get a good night's sleep on anything else. Husband was VERY sceptical at first but now he admits it was the best purchase we have ever made.:j
    Jesus loves you:j Everybody else thinks you're an idiot:rolleyes:
  • homealone_2
    homealone_2 Posts: 2,004 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ps.....meant to ask is there anyone out there at the moment who is looking for one too so we may compare notes, cheapest i have found so far is £69.90???????
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Could someone tell me if you get very hot with a Tempur mattress. I once slept on an ordinary foam one and felt very hot and sweaty.

I really need one as I have a bad hip and cant sleep on my right side as it hurts my hip bone.
  • buffers
    buffers Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Options
    I don't. The mattress 'breathes' as does the pillow. Best night's work I ever did!!!!
    Jesus loves you:j Everybody else thinks you're an idiot:rolleyes:
  • nikkig_3
    nikkig_3 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Do not know if this has already been suggested but if you go onto Ebay.com the american site they are a lot cheaper than the ebay.co uk especially with the exchange rate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure