We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheap Restaurant Voucher/Deals: Report top spots

Options

Comments

• london29_2
    Options
    Indian restaurant with 4 or 5 London branches is offering 2-4-1 on meals, valid Sunday - Thursday until December 9. Voucher can be downloaded by anybody from this link:

http://www.masalazone.com/downloads/2for1november2008.pdf

I found out about this because I'm on their mailing list, here's the exact wording they used:

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]have one free regular thali, curry with rice, noodle bowl, tandoor or grill when you purchase any other of these dishes [/FONT]"

Here are full details of their London locations:
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]covent garden[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]48 floral street[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]london wc2e 9da[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](next to the royal opera house)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tube: covent garden[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]t: 020 7379 0101[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]f: 020 7836 0202 [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]camden town[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25 parkway[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]london nw1 7pg[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](corner of parkway & arlington road)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tube: camden town[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]t: 020 7267 4422[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]f: 020 7267 8833[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]islington[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]80 upper street[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]london n1 0nu[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](next to screen [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]on the green)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tube: angel[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]t: 020 7359 3399[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]f: 020 7359 6560[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]soho[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9 marshall street[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]london w1f 7er[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](between carnaby & [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]wardour streets)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tube: oxford circus[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]t: 020 7287 9966[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]f: 020 7287 8555[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]earls court[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]147 earls court road[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]london sw5 9rq[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](between earls court[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tube & [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]cromwell road) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tube: earls court road [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]t: 020 7373 0220[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]f: 020 7373 0990[/FONT]
    :heart2: All you need is love :heart2:
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    I notice that not all the offers are on the main thread , it was updated today and cant see the offer i posted :confused:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-restaurant-deals

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=16065465&postcount=424
  • harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all- I was wondering if anyone has been to the Walkabout restaurant before and knows how fast the service is? I need to go to Liverpool today but will be a bit pushed for time...
  • harryhound
    harryhound Posts: 2,662 Forumite
    Options
    The Walkabout - Free DAILY Burger worth £4.95 - Register n' print!
    offer is not available East of the Greenwich Meridian.
    Those of us from the East have been ignored again - I often wonder if this is because the managing directors of transnational offerings insist in living near Heathrow (or perhaps their "better half" does!).

I think they are missing a trick - Canterbury for example is the most internationally visited provincial town (Ok its a city but you know what I mean).There is also Skegness, but perhaps we don't want to go there.

Harry.

PS I'm expecting someone from Bromley to write in and say the Meridian runs down the High Street?
  • wingefric
    Options
    If you register on the Barry site http://www.barrytheant.co.uk/home/about-barry and get a Barry card you can get a free burger in many venues all over the UK and cheap drinks. :T
  • kimmy393
    kimmy393 Posts: 5,472 Forumite
    Options
    zizzis voucher 2 4 1 .. it expires on 7 December 2008

http://www.natmagnewsletters.co.uk/ads/zizzi3/ZizziZizziZizzi/ZizziZizziZizzi/ZizziZizziZizzi/ZizziZizziZizzi/ZizziZizziZizzi/index.html

Its weird cause when you print it the voucher that date changes to the 7th december LOL

How strange
    2015 Big wins: luxury 7 night holiday in sharm el sheikh, theatre tix, £123, IPad Air 16gb, Night in London hotel celebjuicetix :, Portable dvd playerT

Best 2014: £900 VIP cheltenham races day, £200 H&M voucher, £300 camera, 2 nights luxury apt Harrogate, 5 nights glamping cumbria
    Total:2010: £10,531, 2011:£11,075
  • bowlesbargain
    Options
    I have just contacted the PLECK Balti in walsall for the two for one voucher they stae they are not taking the vouchers. I have booked with spice of bengal in Wednesbury. They stated they had no knowledge of the deal. But they said if they are listed they will accept the vouchers I have booked for Friday night. BE WARNED CHECK BEFORE YOU TURN UP!!!!
  • harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, I went to the Walkabout restaurant in Liverpool today, armed with my free burger voucher. As I'm a vegetarian I asked if I could have the veggie burger version as it's the same price, and was told no, the offer only applied to the meat burger!

I was pretty digusted with this, and found it very discriminatory. Will certainly not be going back there again.
  • muffin_man
    Options
    Does anyone know (from reading the terms and conditions on the voucher or otherwise) whether the Strada voucher in the Telegraph is valid in Strada at Center Parcs?
  • jules1964
    Options
    harryharp wrote: »
    Well, I went to the Walkabout restaurant in Liverpool today, armed with my free burger voucher. As I'm a vegetarian I asked if I could have the veggie burger version as it's the same price, and was told no, the offer only applied to the meat burger!

I was pretty digusted with this, and found it very discriminatory. Will certainly not be going back there again.

Well In all honesty it does say a certain burger. I think to get annoyed because you cant get something free will just annoy the company who are doing it and maybe stop them doing it in future. On the same token if they were advertising a veggie burger only, I would not get annoyed as thats infact what the deal offers. THey have obviously ordered thousands of the specific burger in for the promotion. They can't have massive stocks of different things. Just my input as I think to get anything free is a bonus.
    Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience.........!!!:rotfl::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure