B&Q Kitchen Cupboard doors £1 online

Options

Comments

• Oddjob
    Oddjob Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DenBen wrote: »
    They don't have holes for screws, just round recesses to locate the hinges into, and then the screws go into the door pretty easily. I'm uncertain about other kinds of hinges, but if they were long enough to screw in either side of the recess, then it shouldn't be a big job, as long as you line the doors up properly. You'll also have to drill through the doors to fit new handles - masking tape on the back of the door helps to prevent splintering.

KitchenDoorHinge.jpg
    My hinges don't really look like that, although it might be that the plastic bit on mine is confusing me. I might just go and see if I can get hold of one of these doors and try it, I'm only going to lose £1 afterall if its no good.
    You know on the website where it says 'Drawerline door and drawer front', does that mean you get the door and the front of the drawer as well for £1?
  • Oddjob
    Options
    I've just looked at my doors again, they do have the recesses in for the hinges. Silly me!!
  • DenBen
    DenBen Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds hopeful then, Oddjob.

The drawerline packs do contain both the door and the drawer front. Our current kitchen doors are from B&Q. And I've ordered a spare drawerline pack, because one of my doors has a burn on it from where people in my home (not me obviously ;) ) have been known to leave the oven door open while it was still on, so a spare will probably come in handy.
  • Oddjob
    Options
    DenBen wrote: »
    Sounds hopeful then, Oddjob.

The drawerline packs do contain both the door and the drawer front. Our current kitchen doors are from B&Q. And I've ordered a spare drawerline pack, because one of my doors has a burn on it from where people in my home (not me obviously ;) ) have been known to leave the oven door open while it was still on, so a spare will probably come in handy.

It would depend if the hinges are in the same place as on the old ones and if they are the same length hinges. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed!! Would be wonderful if I could change them, don't know about drilling for the handles though lol !!

Thanks for all your help DenBen. Much appreciated.
  • Oddjob
    Options
    Wonder if you can get glue on handles? LOL
  • helwarren
    helwarren Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Moved in to our house 4 years ago and the thing I didnt like when we bought it was the kitchen. Hubby said we can change that, but as usul saying and doing are 2 different things. Won't he have a surprise when I present him with the doors - now which ones do I go for?:rolleyes:
  • AHodders
    AHodders Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Someone mentioned earlier that they had to get new handles as they currently have knobs and they aren't any good. Is this because they matched your old kitchen? I bought new chrome coloured knobs last year from B&Q (at a bargain of £2 a pack!) and just want to check that these will still be ok?
  • peter-d-w
    peter-d-w Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Oddjob wrote: »
    It would depend if the hinges are in the same place as on the old ones and if they are the same length hinges. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed!! Would be wonderful if I could change them, don't know about drilling for the handles though lol !!

Thanks for all your help DenBen. Much appreciated.

It doesn't really matter if the hinges aren't in the same position. It's very easy to adjust the position of the hinge on the cupboard to match the position on the doors. All you need is a suitable sized drill. You can also buy a door handle template in B&Q for about £1 I think, to mark the position of the handles on the doors before you drill them. Ask a friend or neighbour if you can't do it yorself but don'y be tempted to try to stick handles on the doors or drawers, they will not stay on!
  • louloupot
    louloupot Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    thanks so much got horrible old ones at mo
  • pauleyc
    pauleyc Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks again for these. i went this morning to the store at Aintree and there wasnt anything there really so went to the one in Speke - again the shelves were empty but the guy said we could order them, which we did, may be a few weeks but well worth the wait.
    If you cant get them in store ask if you can order. The guy did say tha some stores have been stopped from ordering them though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure