B&Q Kitchen Cupboard doors £1 online

Options

Comments

• DenBen
    DenBen Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    boiler_man wrote: »
    There is potential that the odd door could be out of stock by the time your order is due for delivery (happenned to me 2 years ago with B&Q kitchen). Why not accept both orders and take back the £5 doors for refund when you are sure you have all you need from the £1 delivery?

Good thinking, Boiler_man (or Batman? :D ). Or I wonder if OH can persuade customer services to simply change the prices on the first order to reflect current pricing. The orders are in his name anyway, so I'll leave it up to him tomorrow.
  • Oddjob
    Oddjob Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm a woman living on my own and I am useless at DIY, really need some new kitchen doors, mine are over 30yrs old, but couldn't afford to have anyone to replace them. Are these doors you can get for £1 easy to fit, or do you have to be good at DIY?
  • DenBen
    Options
    Oddjob - check your current kitchen doors. If they are hung using kitchen hinges then it's a simple matter to take them off, unscrew the hinges from the old doors and fix them to the new doors, which will have recessed holes in them to take the hinge. Example of a kitchen/cabinet hinge below (hope it works).

p048049Popup.jpg
  • Oddjob
    Options
    No DenBen, my hinges don't look like that, they have like a white plastic cover partly over them, they are not recessed either.
    They look more modern than mine
  • Oddjob
    Options
    Do these doors all have the holes for the screws? if they do, are they likely to be in the same place as the ones in my old doors. In other words, if I fitted new hinges to the doors, would they be likely to fit on the cases where the old ones did?
  • starjumper
    starjumper Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmm, have been thinking this over, we have white carcasses and linths etc and a dark blue/gray mottled worktop, want to keep al that but hate the doors we have does anyone thing the maple will look alright with the white or do we thing everything would look better in maple. Ah choices choices, any opinions greatly received.
    :staradmin
  • Oddjob
    Options
    I wonder if it would be worth taking an old door off and taking it into B&Q to see if these doors would be able to be fitted easily. I would REALLY love to be able to changethem, I am so sick of the old doors I've got, they are so old fashioned now.
  • DenBen
    Options
    They don't have holes for screws, just round recesses to locate the hinges into, and then the screws go into the door pretty easily. I'm uncertain about other kinds of hinges, but if they were long enough to screw in either side of the recess, then it shouldn't be a big job, as long as you line the doors up properly. You'll also have to drill through the doors to fit new handles - masking tape on the back of the door helps to prevent splintering.

KitchenDoorHinge.jpg
  • Oddjob
    Options
    starjumper wrote: »
    Hmmm, have been thinking this over, we have white carcasses and linths etc and a dark blue/gray mottled worktop, want to keep al that but hate the doors we have does anyone thing the maple will look alright with the white or do we thing everything would look better in maple. Ah choices choices, any opinions greatly received.
    I don't know about B&Q, but in Homebase, they have doors that you can try against different units/worktops etc. If B&Q don't do that, you could always go into Homebase to see if they have anything similar and try them together. Then go and get the cheap ones from B&Q.
  • stokelass95
    Options
    ive jsut ordered 2 different styles as i couldnt make my mind up lol. and it only cost me £27 with delivery. hubby thinks im mad for ordering 2 lots but as i said we can store the 2nd set for in a few years time so defo a great bargain. many thanks to op.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure