Forum Home» UK Armed Forces MoneySaving

Married Quarters (MQ) Residents - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Married Quarters (MQ) Residents

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in UK Armed Forces MoneySaving
421 replies 86.6K views

Replies

• jpwhittlejpwhittle Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    been told £400 if i want to leave it at being charged. £230 just for a clean and about an extra £100 for carpets dont if i get someone in or do them myself. husbands WO is now involved as husband was upset in work talking to him and they are disgusted. turns out we shouldhave had a 2 week period to get the house straight rather than 2 days and because we have been in the house for 3 years this month we are entitled to a deep clean on downstairs carpets an the landing. i know there are some marks and he found some pen thanks to my 2year old wich im more than willing to pay for. so now hoping we can come to some arrangement were i pay half what they want. husbands work are really trying to fight our corner as well so now just have to wait and see. i cant afford to pay out large sums of money till my disturbance goes in the bank but cant physically do the house again and it isnt fair on husband to have to do everything after work.
    im just so fed up of living in fear of the smallest mark on anything. and that you cant be ill due to repurcusions later.
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed :beer:
  • 1012donna1012donna Forumite
    11.5K posts
    kitchpoo wrote: »
    By the way - Joshua George was born today at 10:23 - Mum and baby doing really well!!
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68
  • kyhkyh Forumite
    278 posts
    Kitchpoo thanks for being brave and volunteering yourself as a source of advice. Congratulations on the new arrival I hope Mrs KP is doing well! I have to say when we have had dealings with MHS we have not had problems my big issue is with DE. My only comment would be the maintenance of gardens and surrounding grounds - the contractors in our local area are appaling and have ruined many a good garden round here by their indiscriminate use of hedge trimmers - minor point but it is often the little things that make a house a home!
    I would suggest to all of you with major problems speak to your HIVE or Welfare officer or go through either the Naval Families Federation (NFF), AFF for Army or ? not sure which for RAF ?RAFFF. There is a formal complaints procedure for both DE and MHS and if you don't get the answer you want take it higher. If you go through one of the Families Federations they will take it as far as they can and are really helpful!
  • kitchpookitchpoo Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Grounds does suffer some issues at the moment that DE/MHS is trying to resolve.

The problem seems to be the staff are paid close to minimum wage and are also required to have BCVR (or its new more rigarous version) where they must be security cleared before they can commence work. The net result is that in the summer months employment of worksforce is difficult, the high turnover of staff also makes it difficult to train and advise what the customer actually wants doing as well. This is an ongoing education of grounds at the moment.
    Praying at the church of MSE should be compulsory!

There are three types of people in the world, those who can add up and those who can't.
  • mercman1969mercman1969 Forumite
    871 posts
    Kitchpoo,

Congrats on your new arrival...hope all is well with all concerned.
    We currently live in our own home and are considering moving into SFQ

We have 1 child of 3 years.........what are our options
    We have lived in our own 4 bed home since moving back from Germany in 1999.....does it still stand that we will still only be offered a 2 bed place

Regards

M
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • kyhkyh Forumite
    278 posts
    M
    I think this is also rank dependant as well as number of children - there is a JSP if you have access to defence intranet?
    K
  • mercman1969mercman1969 Forumite
    871 posts
    K,

Thanks....current rank is Sgt...have access to intranet but not much luck in finding anything as yet...any pointers?
  • kyhkyh Forumite
    278 posts
    K,

Thanks....current rank is Sgt...have access to intranet but not much luck in finding anything as yet...any pointers?

M

Will have a look now and get back to you.

K
  • kyhkyh Forumite
    278 posts
    M

Have Pm'd you

K
  • Hi Mercman1969 (and anyone else looking for the Defence Estates MQ "rulebook")
    I think you are looking for JSP 464, which is available on the internet at:
    http://www.defence-estates.mod.uk/publications/jsp/jsp464/JSP464Part1.pdf
    I assume this is an up to date version!
    Hope this helps you and others.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support