call forwarding to a mobile or landline ?

Options
alykhalil
alykhalil Posts: 281 Forumite
i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about call forwarding...i mean, would a landline (BT) forward a call to a mobile number ? i know this will cost me to forward calls coz i will have to pay mobile call charges on my own landline as its forwarding the call...but is there any loophole ?

or the whole situation could be vice versa ?

thank you

Comments

• normski_2
    normski_2 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    The short answer to your question is yes you can do it you'll just have to check the call forwarding capability and charging of your phone provider. Of course you'll have ot pay the cost of the forwarded call but you've realised this already.
  • alykhalil
    Options
    normski wrote:
    The short answer to your question is yes you can do it you'll just have to check the call forwarding capability and charging of your phone provider. Of course you'll have ot pay the cost of the forwarded call but you've realised this already.

thank you...how about forwarding a call from a landline to mobile..its the same isnt it ?
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    alykhalil wrote:
    thank you...how about forwarding a call from a landline to mobile..its the same isnt it ?

Providing you have the call divert feature set up you can divert calls from a landline to a mobile,you of course pay for the diverted part of the call.

In the case of diverting calls from a mobile to another destination bear in mind that you cannot normally do this on PAYG.
    PF.
  • alykhalil
    Options
    Providing you have the call divert feature set up you can divert calls from a landline to a mobile,you of course pay for the diverted part of the call.

In the case of diverting calls from a mobile to another destination bear in mind that you cannot normally do this on PAYG.

thats right ! PAYG wont allow that. regarding landline, lets say to call a mobile its 0.12p so to forward a call from that landline to a mobile it will be 10p...right ? + maybe the call forwarding charges (which may be monthly) by the landline provider...but are there any loopholes in this whole scenario ? thhks
  • pricefighter
    Options
    I am not sure what loophole you are trying to find.The charging follows the same principle in both cases.Except you would pay a small monthly fee to a landline company for the divert facility,where as on a mobile its free accept on PAYG(Or if you are on Easymobile who allow it).

EG.Some one phones your number landline or mobile,you have the calls on divert.You would pay for the diverted part of the call at the diverting companies published tariff.Thats it.
    PF.
  • marko4ever25
    Options
    I am not sure what loophole you are trying to find.The charging follows the same principle in both cases.Except you would pay a small monthly fee to a landline company for the divert facility,where as on a mobile its free accept on PAYG(Or if you are on Easymobile who allow it).

EG.Some one phones your number landline or mobile,you have the calls on divert.You would pay for the diverted part of the call at the diverting companies published tariff.Thats it.

i was a bit wary of sharing this but i have discovered a loop hole with orange re call diverting. I have done a few tests calls and it seems to work.

divert your phone to call the simple fone numbers which means any time you phone your own phone you get through to simply fone! Now this is great for friends if they want to use simply fone but dont have an orange contract but its also great if say you have a t mobile contract cause the free minutes start at 6pm. so at 6pm (like me!) you could call your orange phone which diverts to simply fone and then dial your number abroad. it works! I am just concerned that now everyone might do this and orange will catch on. do a few tests calls first to see if you get charged for diverting a call but i didnt.
  • 2ax
    2ax Posts: 645 Forumite
    Options
    You may find that Orange will divert a call to another Orange number or landline from within your inclusive minutes, but perhaps not to other mobile numbers. It is worth checking.
  • pricefighter
    Options
    Yes you can divert your calls to a 07744 number,but the diverted calls are chargeable and will come out of your inclusive x-net minutes,and if any one else rang you they will hit the Cheap Call Providers announcement and be mystified,unless they were in the know.

Also by using your T-mob to call your Orange Phone you are wasting your T-Mob minutes.Because you can call from your Orange phone in the first place.
    PF.
  • marko4ever25
    Options
    Yes you can divert your calls to a 07744 number,but the diverted calls are chargeable and will come out of your inclusive x-net minutes,and if any one else rang you they will hit the Cheap Call Providers announcement and be mystified,unless they were in the know.

Also by using your T-mob to call your Orange Phone you are wasting your T-Mob minutes.Because you can call from your Orange phone in the first place.

yeh you may be wasting t mobile minutes but i just thought because they start at 6pm and if u wanted to make a call with orange you would need to waut until 7pm, so you could use your t mobile to phone the orange phone. are you sure the diverted call is chargeable via your cross network minutes? what would happen if you dialed your orange phone during the day and it diverted you to simply fone when you dont have cross network minutes d uring the day
  • pricefighter
    Options
    If your Orange xnet inclusive minutes do not start to 7pm,and your T-Mob ones start at 6pm. If you then divert your Orange Number to an 07744 number,and call it from your T_Mob between 6pm and 7pm you will be charged by Orange as you are using it to divert a call outside your inclusive minute times.(The diverted leg of the call is chargeable unless its included in your inclusive minutes,and its made within the designated time periods.)
    PF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport