o2

Options
digp
digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
i read somewhere that intl texts are now included in o2 tariffs; is this true?

edit: at the link's web site! tho i can't seem to find it there now.

Comments

• francine_2
    Options
    not on mine! i wish they were
  • digp
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "Inclusive Messages

Inclusive Video, Picture, Text and International Text Messages now available on O2

On O2 you can now send Picture Messages, Video Messages, UK Text Messages and International Text Messages using your monthly allowance, on all O2 tariffs.

UK Text Messages use one message from your monthly allowance. Video Messages, Picture Messages and International Text Messages use 4 messages from your monthly allowance."

http://www.thelink.com/martprd/store/lin_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0658845497.1128289194@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchaddflfdejjjcflgceggdhhmdfhl.0&page=GenericEditorial&genericeditorial=Network-O2-NetworkOffers&fm=1&sm=1&tm=1
  • reddwarf2002
    Options
    I think The Link's wording is VERY misleading. The international texts are only free when you are roaming i.e. when you are on holiday you can send messages anywhere and it will deduct 4 texts instead of 1. If you send international messages from the UK then it is not included in your allowance which is a shame! :confused:

Hope that helps...
  • chris28sc
    Options
    is the roaming the same for o2 online deals or does it only apply to high-street tariffs and bundles?
  • smcicr
    smcicr Posts: 365 Forumite
    Options
    works the same for online deals (4 texts used per message sent while roaming)
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." (Mark Twain)
  • digp
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    so in short if i am overseas and roaming on say the whateverphone network in whatever country and text back to the UK or wherever then it is effectively free?
  • smcicr
    smcicr Posts: 365 Forumite
    Options
    that's how i look at it (provided you have texts left in the allocated inclusive amount) - you don't pay for them (other than your monthly tariff charge) but you do go through them 4 times as quick ;). i never get close to using all the free texts i get anyway so it's not a problem for me.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." (Mark Twain)
  • seaniboy
    seaniboy Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    Options
    can anyone find info about this from the o2 website?
    If I helped or saved you money - Thank me
    If I helped you spend some money - spank me
    If I done both - :lipsrseal me:eek:
    :D
    ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts