My current favourite deal - earn £87.50

Options
michaels
michaels Posts: 28,031 Forumite
Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
For the last few years I have been using Three cashback deals to get 500 mins free a month and put up with the service and coverage that went with it. This time I have gone for a deal on Vodaphone - Sony 290i handset (30 quid on ebay) and 500 mins/month for 18 months from Mobiles2yourdoor (part of Caudwell) at 50 quid a month - and £395 cashback and 27.50 from Quidco.
Advantage of this deal is that the first 6 months are half price from vodafone and that all the cashback is payable after bill 7 after which the contract can be downgraded to £15 month (don't think voda still do the 14/month tariff) then terminated. So total cost is in the region of 25*6 plus 15*12 = 330. 'Income' as noted already of the order of 450 - and of course 500 voda mins a month for 6 months.

It should be noted that Caudwell are also behind the current boots deals and if you want a better handset than this the boots points on offer (capped at 360 pounds worth) are worth more than the m2yd cashback.
I think....

Comments

• thommo
    thommo Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the info,our current 3 contract phones are 12 months old in dec and jan so i'll be on the lookout for some deals.
    Could i go with 3 again?
    Is it a case of cancelling our current 3 contracts and then take a new deal with 3?
    And would i have to keep a new number or could i somehow port my present number between 3 contracts?
  • michaels
    Options
    thommo wrote:
    And would i have to keep a new number or could i somehow port my present number between 3 contracts?
    Yes - just port the number temporarily onto a payg sim on another network.
    I think....
  • p5x
    p5x Posts: 380 Forumite
    Options
    Watch out for their dodgy t&c's on claiming cashback though:

Your Cash Back (where applicable)

On receipt of your seventh invoice from the relevant network, you must register your claim by emailing your details to cashback@mobiles2yourdoor.co.uk. On receipt, we will confirm your eligibility and give you full details of how to progress your claim. You must be up to date with all payments to the network and remain on your initial tariff in order to qualify for your cash back deal. Where this is not the case, then you will not be entitled to any part of the Cash Back offered. Where a claim has not been received within 8 calendar months of your connection to your chosen network, then you will not be entitled to any part of the Cash Back offered.
  • michaels
    Options
    Yeah - I did phone them and they said all that is required is to send/email a copy of the 7th bill and at that time all the cashback is payable, although trying to find a cs rep who actually knew the t&c was pretty tricky.
    I think....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport