Help ; Reguarding Insurance

:cool:
hi every one can any one help, i have my van insured through a company called commercial vehicle direct,
to cut a long story short, I HAVE BEEN ADVISED BY MY BANK NOT TO SET UP A D.DEBIT BECAUSE OF THE MONEY I HAVE OING IN AND OUT OF MY ACCOUNT.
thant way it dont cost me any thing, i normaly pay using standing order or phone banking, well the above compay refused, so i had to set up a d.d so no surprises if i tell you it bounced twice in 10 days and cost me 70.00
i phoned them asking if i could pay by phone [i dont have a credit card] no came the reply, can i send p.o"s yes which i did, for one payment, i then still owed 35.00 which i offerd to send 3 days ago, via next day delivery, they refused said i had defaulted on the payments, so i now have 4 days in which to pay 271.00 .when tailking to them on the phone i did ask how they throught they were going to obtain the money they said not a problum, we will just take you to court.
big deal if i had 271.00 i would pay it would"nt i there was silence on the end of the phone, so im in a no win situation, has any one any ideas, me being on the reciving end of all this the bank seems un willing to help, still i do have appoinment to see them next week, but not hope full.
it just seems un fair, that they should take this action, i have no way of paying to lots of money, back.
smartie :confused::confused:;)

Comments

• savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi smartie
    Have you been to your bank yet?? Looks like they will be the only ones to be able to help you out, e.g small overdraft??? :confused:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure