We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mystery shopper
magicgenie
Posts: 102 Forumite
I had my sister and my girlfriends dad mystery shop on the Estate Agent who's trying to sell my 2 bedroom flat in Manchester this morning. They've had it on their books for 11 days.
When my sister enquired regarding 2 bedroom flats in Manchester for between 100,000 - 150,000 (mine is 130,000) they said they'll email through properties and the conversation ended there.
Nothing after 2 hours, she rang again and said she's still waiting. 2 hours later, nothing...
My girlfriends dad was told by them, that they'd email properties through straight away, still nothing, that was an 2 hours ago.
Can anyone advise, what would you do from here?
Brgds
Alex
When my sister enquired regarding 2 bedroom flats in Manchester for between 100,000 - 150,000 (mine is 130,000) they said they'll email through properties and the conversation ended there.
Nothing after 2 hours, she rang again and said she's still waiting. 2 hours later, nothing...
My girlfriends dad was told by them, that they'd email properties through straight away, still nothing, that was an 2 hours ago.
Can anyone advise, what would you do from here?
Brgds
Alex
0
Comments
-
did they check junk or suspected email folders??
Edit: just wanted to add that it look like the EA is not trying very hard to sell anything!0 -
Get them to call up again, say they haven't received anything and ask for it to be sent again. We had no e-mail for two days last month due to a server issue.0
-
I'd give it a bit longer. in between filing nails and editing down prices they are probably very busy.
Seriously... my local EA girl took hours to send me over stuff and only when I re-emailed again to remind her. Some EAs are just rubbish.
You did mystery shop them before you signed up?0 -
Get the one who rang first to ring back and ask if the emails are done straight away or sent out at end of the day. Also get them to ask roughly how many properties there are coming through, if it's over 20 then the spam filters maybe slowing things down.
Is this all happening today? If so slow down and look again tomorrow, amazing what happens overnight!
If niether of them have an email on the 2nd day after asking get one them to call back and speak to a manager about due to lack of them showing any interest they will not bother with them again. Then I would recommend moving agent! Get your shoppers to tote the other agents in town and go to the one that emails details out in the best time frame.
Good Luck0 -
Ok, thanks ever so much for your replies everyone, i was waiting to see what'd happened before i posted again.
Basically, they both rang a couple more times and and were told they would try emailing again and would also post(?!?!?) details through.
This was on Wednesday of last week, it is now Sunday, neither of them have received any emails or posted flat details. My sister did receive some communication from them offering their mortgage services through the post, however there was no flat details in that letter.
So, any advice anyone, i'm quite seething about this, my sister says 'don't worry, it's on rightmove, that's all that counts', my wife says, 'we have to be careful, we want to ring up and go mad, but you know what these estate agents are like, if you upset them, they just won't care about you'.
I'm lost to know what to do, they require 2 weeks notice, it's now the 15th, it's been on their books for 2 weeks, do i just give them notice, what about giving notice whilst i speak to the manager and explain, if things change in the next 2 weeks, i'll retract my notice?
Brgds
Alex0 -
I've always preferred the EAs where you go into the office and they have binders containing every property in price order. So you can sit down and flick through them.
I hate the ones where you go in and they select out of drawers what they say they have.
With the binders, people will always see everything and look a bit out of their price range.
Being fobbed off and sent away with nothing is always a poor show.0 -
i would go in and ask to see the manager and say that a "mystery" purchaser knocked on your door and asked to see the house because she cannot get any details from the EA and has been asking for 5 days now - he may not know his staff are so lax0
-
i would go in and ask to see the manager and say that a "mystery" purchaser knocked on your door and asked to see the house because she cannot get any details from the EA and has been asking for 5 days now - he may now know his staff are so lax
Excellent bit of advice!A retired senior partner, in own agency, with 40 years experience in property sales & new build. In latter part of career specialising in commercial - mostly business sales.0 -
Hmmm, it's difficult because i'm working abroad.
My sister rang me today to say she's finally yesterday received 2 bed flat details in the post, i guess that is something.
I rang today, they won't give me the managers name or email address, so i can't even communicate with the manager or get through the 'front lines'.
Perhaps i am overreacting after all it's on Rightmove, like my sister says and most people use that and then just contact an estate agent for an appointment.
On the other hand maybe i should give notice and mystery try them again in the next 2 weeks.0 -
Maybe if you think their handling so far is fine (I think not to respond to requests for lists is pretty shocking ) then test how they handle someone making an appointment.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.2K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards