Asda Shopping Online Nightmare

Options
Always used Tesco online but recently got a 10.00 off voucher for asda so gave it a go, ordered on the tuesday and the earliest delivery was Saturday evening, fine by me even though I really needed it before but that was not my complaint, when it actually arrive which was on time there was half my thing undeliverable as the goods were not in store, I told the driver i was disgusted and he jusy said you should have it delivered on Wednesday luv theres more stuff in the shop!!!
not a good enough excuse in my book, i dont want to order my shopping 3 weeks in advance just to get all my goods, anyhow i rang the customer services to complain to them, the lady on the phone kept calling me Mr, (i dont think i sound like a bloke), anyway she said i should have opted for alternatives, not an option either as my daughter has food allergies so i need know what i am getting due to me checking ingredients etc, i was told that she was going to ring asda home shopping manager and call me back, 3 days, 2 phonecalls and 2 emails later still nothing, has anyone else had problems with asda online,
thanks

Comments

• hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    At least you can get some home shopping delivery.

Although within a 15 mile radius of 2 Asda's, 4 Tescos (1 superstore, 1 Metro and 2 Express), 2 Icelands and 1 Sainsburys, NONE of these will home deliver though most of them have signs up advertising home delivery then elsewhere in store in small writing say 'this store does not do home delivery'!

H
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • bond007_2
    Options
    I have and asda 10 minutes away but the home shopping comes from a store 25 minutes away, whats all that about !!!
  • jessielicious
    Options
    I had exactly the same problem. I have an Asda 10 mins away but the store my shopping used to come from was miles away. They were frequently late without any courtesy call beforehand, delivered wrong items, items unavailable etc. One time the driver left and I then realised loads of stuff was missing, he had apparently delivered it to another customer by mistake! Not surprising, he was chatting to a mate on his mobile while unloading my shopping. I complained numerous times, and was often told they needed to ring the store and ask them to phone me which they never did. I would speak to one agent who said they weren't authorised to organise refunds and someone else would tell me a different story altogether. I finally wrote to head office twice, and emailed them once, did not receive a single reply. I decided then and there not to shop with them anymore. Even though it costs me slightly more at Tesco I'm much happier, deliveries are always on time and I usually get all the items I order. Their delivery charge is cheaper than Asda too. :T
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I gave up with shopping with Asda online, I also found about half the things I wanted were not in stock & typically they were all the heavy items that I'm not capable of lugging home on the bus. Other problems I had were rotten fruit & being overcharged for 2 jars of coffee. After it took nearly 6 weeks of numerous phone calls to get my card credited for the overcharge of the coffee I decided not to shop online with them anymore. I think their customer service is appalling.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure