What's the best pc (tower only) i can get for around £200 quid

i'm not too bothered about the graphics card, ideally i'd like vista premium and a dual core processor, but i'm just looking for the best possible option for the money as i bugged my whole crappy ei system up more trying to fix it. :)

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Lots of dell deals around on www.dmxdimension.com - you should be able to get what you need for around your budget

Check out the Vostro 200MT deals.
  • shown73
    shown73 Posts: 1,268
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have a look at the Dell outlet on Ebay. They seem to be cancelled orders, slight cosmetic damage, etc., so various specs crop up. Something for everybody, if you're patient.
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    shown73 wrote: »
    Have a look at the Dell outlet on Ebay. They seem to be cancelled orders, slight cosmetic damage, etc., so various specs crop up. Something for everybody, if you're patient.

Or have a look at the Dell Outlet site itself www.dell.co.uk/outlet

They do regular 'drops' so it may be worth checking periodically for the lastest deals. Oh, and compare the price of what you put into your basket against what a similar unit can be bought for on www.dmxdimension.com - sometimes it works out cheaper to buy new.
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    also keep an eye out over on www.hotukdeals.com for short term dell deals - some only last a few hours - use the search box down the RHS to search for Dell.
  • itm2
    itm2 Posts: 1,310
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Does anyone have any pointers to non-Dell deals? Dell are all very well until you need to upgrade or replace any parts - they're notorious for using proprietary parts that cost the earth to replace. I remember being quoted £70 for a replacement Dell power supply about 10 years ago, at a time when a standard ATX power supply could be had for £15-20.
  • Night-owl_6
    Night-owl_6 Posts: 858 Forumite
    Try currys, tower, tft screen, windows vista home, 1 year cover, £250
    DELETE ACCOUNT.

NO LONGER WANTED

DELETE ACCOUNT

Due to certain users I no longer wish to use this forum
  • BillScarab
    BillScarab Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    itm2 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any pointers to non-Dell deals? Dell are all very well until you need to upgrade or replace any parts - they're notorious for using proprietary parts that cost the earth to replace. I remember being quoted £70 for a replacement Dell power supply about 10 years ago, at a time when a standard ATX power supply could be had for £15-20.

I believe Dell use more standard parts these days. But it used to be an issue with a few manufacturers.
    It's my problem, it's my problem
    If I feel the need to hide
    And it's my problem if I have no friends
    And feel I want to die

• deejayen
    deejayen Posts: 125 Forumite
    Have a look on either https://www.misco.co.uk or https://www.ebuyer.com for some good deals -- Dave
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    Asda do an Acer (with TFT) for £299, but the TFT especially looks cheap and nasty :)
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family