help with dispute car audio center

hi i need help advice urgent please.20th may i ordered a in car dvd player from car audio center via mailorder on the phone for 1049.99 i payed for the item using my debit card.I thought the order went through ok but apparently the bank stopped payment from my account occording to caraudiocenter.so they never dispatched the order got in touch with the bank and they said everything was ok and even gave me a authorisation code for the payment.At htis point i was getting wound up so i cancelled the order and told car audio center not to process the order and thought that was the end of the matter how wrong i was .This sat just gone i was out and went to get a mini statement from a cash machine and noticed a payment of 1149.99 taken out of my account on the 21st of may when i got home i phoned the bank as i was getting worried and they told me caraudiocenter had taken out the payment.So they not only took my money for an item i diint want anymore they helped themselves to a 100 pound tip i still have not recieved the item and they refuse to even speak to me today i rang and the guy who answered said DOMINOS PIZZA HOW CAN I HELP so they are now taking the pi**out of me and im not happy.what do i do? will i ever get my money back?
I have spoken to my bank and they said there is nothing they can do and told me to speak to trading standards can anyone give me some advice or has anyone else ever been in a similar situation please help

Comments

• mdbarber
    mdbarber Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    oh dear never give anyone your debit card number, i had to learn that the hard way myself .
    Send them a letter explaining the situation and that you had cancelled under the Distance selling regulations and asking them to credit your card with the refund, state if this is not completed within a reasonable time (say 14 days) you will resort to court action, leave it till 21 days then sue.
    PS i know you are probably stressed but try and make the letter nice and clean, your above post was terribly messy, best of luck
    oh and trading standards are good to speak to and will contact the local branch to them for further info
    click here to achieve nothing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport