PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Bobbykins
    Bobbykins Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Now.....where is that icon of a little man laughing his head off???? :rotfl:
    Sorry angchris -but im in the same camp as you with turning all the numbers into graphs :p ... and i can't for the life of me remember the name of the lovely poster who is a statistition (sp?) WHERE ARE YOU? you know who you are :D .... Im sure they will come forward..as i believe they were keeping track of the figures ;)

Hi Mrs M, that would be me then! I pm'd you a couple of months ago about putting some stats onto the thread.

I was going to say that, whilst it would be easy enough to put a spreadsheet onto the thread for a few months results, actually graphing several months individuals results together would be quite complex visually, would be ENORMOUS and would probably be quite difficult (if not impossible) to get onto the thread. It would be easier to do something for an overall result, showing totals for the whole group rather than indivuduals, but then I guess people would really want to see their own achievements individually.

Anyway, I see that angelnikki has already started a spreadsheet as well so I 'm sure people would be happy to just see that, so I'll just stop waffling and get off......

Oh by the way, sorry, forgot to say, Mrs M -PLEASE PUT ME DOWN FOR £250 FOR JUNE (this to include extra spends on our hollies!)
  • Sarellie8
    Sarellie8 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys

Well will try again. After a disaster in April I think, changed jobs and have no internet at home, I gave up all too easy.

Mrs M can you please put me in for £50.00 a week for June starting on Sunday.

Good luck everyone x
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
    Sealed Pot Challenge #247 £400
    DFW Nerd Club #956
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Options
    Bobbykins wrote: »
    I was going to say that, whilst it would be easy enough to put a spreadsheet onto the thread for a few months results, actually graphing several months individuals results together would be quite complex visually, would be ENORMOUS and would probably be quite difficult (if not impossible) to get onto the thread. It would be easier to do something for an overall result, showing totals for the whole group rather than indivuduals, but then I guess people would really want to see their own achievements individually.

I agree with you that it is quite difficult to actually get it displayed on here at the detailed level unless I can find a web page to put it on and just link to. But an overview of the groups budgets (cant really do it based on actual figures as not everyone declares their final spends) can be done:

2534127184_ec7b2a4ea9.jpg

I can fill in the budgets for May & June aswell and then do a bar chart/pie chart if people want to see this? To show how/if we are improving as a group.

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • LumpyCustard_2
    Options
    After several months of following GC and staying within my budget of £100, I'll do it "officially" this time and reduce slightly. Mrs M, please could you put me down for £95 for June?

• WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    :wave: Just a quick hello to say goodbye!

I'm off to Denver tomorrow for a week with work and won't be around. On the positive side, its all on expenses so no spending for me!

Still haven't broken into the June budget (well it isn't really even June for me yet!) - good luck to everyone else.

See you in a week :wave:
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Coo - 12 pages already, and we're not even really in June yet?!!:eek:

Anyway, I'm starting my month on Sat when I get a Mr A order delivered. I went through mysupermarket last night and mainly offer-shopped for stuff I wanted from there and used a code from elsewhere on this site for free delivery. Total cost after multibuys is around £64 - but this includes £5 rice and £7.50 pasta! Also stocked up on some flours and other baking bits for snacky foods - as this is where we waste a large amount. Oh and a bottle of the infamous stardrops (I'm trying to limit cleaning stuff to soda, vinegar, citric acid & bicarb where I can, but I just have to try this:p )

I will still need to pop into the local Tesco (on Sun for a paper) and get some things I know are on offer in there & a few bits of veg (I don't really like having F&V delivered, as they never seem to choose what I'd have chosen - I'm fussy!!) BUT I have done better this week than I would usually - more baking, no food thrown (except about 1/2 tbsp sour cream left in a pot) and no quick trips to Mr T at all - which the kids are especially impressed with!

We've had good weather today (:T :T ) and went out - but still had a NSD - free entry to where we went as we're members (as long as we visit more than 3x per year we're quids in) and took a picnic (inc free bottled water) with HM bread & also HM choc/ walnut/banana loaf:A

I also made a little list for aldi - I have to confess to never visiting it (well about 4x in as many years - many for pta shopping), even tho' it's just over the road from the local Mr T - I plan on trying half a doz bits from there to see;)

I'm quite hopeful - although I haven't even started yet - and I have a Suma wholesale order (not huge, though, less than £50)

DH is beginning to roll his eyes at me - whenever he sees me on the laptop, instead of my usual facebook I'm on here or comparing supermarket prices or checking out menus! I think he's tolerating me:D :D

:beer: to all!

GT
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • carolt2
    carolt2 Posts: 854 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs MAC, could you put me down for £160 please?

I am sure i posted on may thread and on this one to be added but you seem to have missed them.:o
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
  • sarah_j_4
    Options
    Hi

Im really new to this, so i hope im doing it right, could i please join your Grocery Challenge?

Could you put me down for £250 for me, 2 children 15 and 11.... 1 dog, 2 rabbits and 2 hamsters

Thanks

Sarah x
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well we're still using up the gubbins in the freezer. Tonight's delights include sausage rolls again (I've just used the last pack up and will never, never, ever buy any again even if they are on bogoff), pizza, yorkshire pudds, green beans and broad beans. It's actually gone down pretty well with the children but DH and I weren't so keen. Another half shelf of the freezer cleared ready for a big June shop xx
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all, I have been out all day at my course but i have had a NSD and not just talking Groceries!
    Im too tired to make all the things i said i would make but i might try and make some hobnobs but with biccies coming from online shop tonight i might wait untill they have all gone, also have those buns i did yesterday to eat up.
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure