When they let you down, ask them for compensation

13»

Comments

• Ordered a breadmaker over a week ago and it still hasn't been dispatched. Emailed to ask for a refund of postage costs and it was credited immediately.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • tough_ref wrote:
    You send a politely penned email to

ian.el-mokadem@centrica.com

he is the Managing Director of OneTel and you explain the situation to him. Obviously, he wont ever read the email, but it will be someone in the MD's office who is of senior enough authority to sort the problem out and give you a nice and (usually) sincere apology, together with a favourable 'goodwill gesture'.

JC

Result! Thanks, Tough Ref & IvanOpinion; I had an e-mail and a phone call today from the office of the CEO confirming that all my money will be refunded along with a goodwill payment of £25. That is such a relief: thanks again for your advice :T
  • katea wrote:
    Result! Thanks, Tough Ref & IvanOpinion; I had an e-mail and a phone call today from the office of the CEO confirming that all my money will be refunded along with a goodwill payment of £25. That is such a relief: thanks again for your advice :T

Glad I could help and glad to see my advice worked.

JC
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    katea wrote:
    Thanks for letting us know .. its good to get a positive result

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • Somehow this thread, like most, seems to be dieing.
    I changed from a normal electricity meter to one with cheap rate night use. They sent a leaflet about how to read the meter which I didn't then look at.

After some considerable time (well, years) I tried to check the meter but the instructions were for a different type of meter so I rang the customer services. They sent another leaflet (also wrong - they simply don't have a leaflet for electronic meters) but we also worked out that although the meter rteaders had got it right, the clerks thought the figures were wrong and inserted my night time readings as daytime and vice versa - every reading for years. The company couldn't/wouldn't work out the correct figures so that simply sent me a cheque for the entire amount I had ever paid for alleged "night time" readings (the higher of the two) - four figures of pounds
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    5 year mega bump, is that some sort of board record?
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The_Miser wrote: »
    Somehow this thread, like most, seems to be dieing.

It was dead, buried and decomposed until you exhumed it.
  • This forum lets me down sometimes with the sheer amount of idiots that abound. Are you going to compensate me Martin?
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure