prices on till not matching price on shelf

Options
124»

Comments

• frugallass
    frugallass Posts: 2,320 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    our local co-op had a terrible reputation for charging full price for items that have clearly been advertised as special deals (eg 3 for £5 beers) - quite annoying when you have to wait for an 'adult' to clear the alcohol purchase first of all, and then have to argue that they have charged the wrong price (again) - I do try to avoid shopping there as often as I possibly can:mad:
  • magicmusician2002
    Options

Anyways, go shop in Poundland, our prices are never wrong ;)

yanno it says on the window in my local one "everything costs only £1"
    i really want to try and buy the shop biggrin.gif
    think it would worklaughing-smiley-014.gif
    (just kidding)
  • minigirl762003
    Options
    I use to work for Tesco doing the price changes and promotions. It was not uncommon to get over 1000 price changes on a promotion day. I would start at 4am to try and get them done but as stated in previous replies we are only human. Things do get put in 2 places without you being informed. There is only so many labels you can change in an hour (Tesco's aim was 100 labels every hour) however, we also had to deal with any customer queries whilst we were on the shop floor, which can eat into you time. After all I'm sure you would also complain if you asked someone for help and they said no they were too busy!!!

Sometimes supermarkets just can't win
  • uktim29
    uktim29 Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    Options
    taxiphil wrote: »
    And you didn't answer my questions (post #23). You always duck out when you're pushed for evidence.

Thats because we both know you've asked this in other threads & I've answered. I can't be bothered going over the same thing twice with you Phil.

If you want links etc go through my old posts and look for them!
  • red_devil
    red_devil Posts: 10,793 Forumite
    Options
    uktim29 wrote: »
    As far as the price of fish is concerned you didn't answer my question!

whats your question got to do with it though, you cant argue with the facts i am right, they arent allowed to do it, and my local trading standards are going to investigate there isnt any more to say on it. Its illegal.
    :footie:
  • laurajayne
    laurajayne Posts: 629 Forumite
    Options
    As far as I'm aware - shops aren't deliberatly allowed to advertise at one price and (try to) charge you a higher price. However TS do know that mistakes can happen. They will investigate I should imagine, to find out whether it's deliberate or a mistake.

I worked in a mobile phone retailer - and the amount of people who would move our prices, or the products so that the tag didn't match - I haven't got time to follow every person around the store to make sure they don't do that, well I could....but no one would ever actually get served! This is why the legislation cuts retailers some slack!

I always noticed that when it worked the other way ie, something for £20 would come up as £10 on the till, no one would demand we took the extra £10, or threaten us with TS...it's the same mistake surely :confused:

I agree, it's annoying - we've had to queue up in Morrisons many a time, usually the special offer had expired, but the date was in teeny weenie writing at the bottom, so we hadn't noticed. They always gave a refund though.

The way I see it is all staff are only human, as am I - I'd hope that someone would cut me some slack if I made a mistake, so I do the same for them.
    :cool: Proud DFW Nerd 135 :cool:
    Sealed Pot Challenge - 019
  • LittleTinker
    LittleTinker Posts: 2,841 Forumite
    Options
    red_devil wrote: »
    whats your question got to do with it though, you cant argue with the facts i am right, they arent allowed to do it, and my local trading standards are going to investigate there isnt any more to say on it. Its illegal.
    Is this the only thing that bothers you in life? That a supermarket gets a few prices wrong from time to time?

No thought whatsoever to the shop staff who actually have to do the price changing ASAP.....they are human after all.

Every time you moan about something, you are actually moaning about a person!!

What a crock of shoite!
  • mspig
    mspig Posts: 986 Forumite
    Options
    I had a problem in Asda when i went to buy some l'oreal cream, it has a roll back sticker on the shelf but it went through at the old price at the till, which i noticed as they cashier was putting it through(£5.00 dearer) so i told the cashier that it wasen't the price on the shelf and she sent someone to check who brought the shelf label with her.

They told me i couldn't have the product at that price as the roll back label didn't have the full name of the product on it eventhough the bar codes were the same and offered to cancel the item for me.

I thought it was pathetic but didn't stand about arguing about it as i really couldn't be bothered.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure