Anyone got a Nokia 3110c Orange PAYG?

Options
KEM
KEM Posts: 212 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
My son has just been given a Nokia 3110c on Orange PAYG for his birthday.

While playing with it yesterday he downloaded a song from the Orange Music Store (the message told him it was one of three free downloads available before 14th June) and then had a delay whilst the licence key was transmitted. When it did arrive he had to free up some memory for the licence to be saved to the phone.

Anyway, it appears that his main menu view has now changed and he doesn't know what has happened.

My question is, can someone please tell me what the menu options are that appear when you press the menu button? He now has 11 icons to choose from and he is adamant that there were 12 originally but he can't remember what was there before.

If he does a factory reset, what things will change? Will that restore the original main menu? Presumably contacts and photos and music files stored will not be affected?

Please help!!

Comments

• M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_3110_classic_UG_en.pdf

that is a link (PDF) to the User Guide for that phone... i'm sure it will give you all the details you need..

IIRC that phone doesn't have the most memory, internally to store music. It is probably worth getting a MicroSD Card (very cheap on places like ebay), to put inside, so it can store music

If the view of the menu has changed, go into the menu, press options, main menu view, and then you can change it between the following options

List, Grid, Grid with Labels, Tab

hope that helps

Moo
  • KEM
    Options
    Thanks for the link but we'd looked in the manual and it doesn't actually tell you what is on the main menu.

The icons had moved and I know we can rearrange them but my son is adamant that one icon is now missing and we wanted to know which one so we can try to restore it.

As you say, internal memory is fairly small so my son has a 1GB memory card to store his music.
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nope...if you do a factory reset you'll loose photos/contacts/txts but it will restore the missing icons
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • KEM
    Options
    Does a factory reset really remove all contacts etc?

I can understand that it would reset all the ringtones, preferences etc but I didn't realise that it would wipe the memory of these other things.

At least he can transfer any photos, music etc to the memory card and remove the card before doing a reset. Although he has downloaded a song from the Orange Music Store and I don't know where the licence key file has been stored - any ideas?

Can anyone help and let me know what their icons are on this phone please?
    :confused:
  • nomino
    nomino Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, there's def 11 icons on a 3110c (i work for orange)
  • KEM
    Options
    "Hi, there's def 11 icons on a 3110c (i work for orange)"

Cheers for that nomino. :beer:

My son was adamant that an icon had gone missing. They had definitely shuffled around so that must have confused him.

Don't think we'll bother going for a reset to defaults then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure